Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Post to Facebook

I'm sure that in the past I used to be able to post a Facebook status message from my Glo saying what book I was reading, including a picture of the book's cover.

Last night, for the life of me, I couldn't find that option! I tried long-pressing the book title in the library but none of the options were to do with sharing. I've checked my settings and it has my Facebook account details and the share option is ticked.

What am I missing?

I haven't got my Glo in front of me at the moment, so I can't say what version of the firmware it's running, but I think it's the latest 2.x version, definitely not 3.x yet.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I *think* its on the annotations page. I highlighted some text and then selected the Facebook option and posts were made.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I *think* its on the annotations page. I highlighted some text and then selected the Facebook option and posts were made.
Yup, I found that for sending selected text to Facebook, but I thought there was a way to say "I'm reading this book" and have the books cover and a link to the book on the Kobo site.

Kobo have a help page that mentions "Sharing a passage or a synopsis of your book to Facebook from your Kobo eReader" and "Sharing your reading activity on your Facebook Timeline" but neither explains what I thought you used to be able to do.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There was an option on the menu inside a book. Kobo removed it in one of the recent updates. It looks like you can only do it after selecting some text or from the annotations list.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
moffattm
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There was an option on the menu inside a book. Kobo removed it in one of the recent updates. It looks like you can only do it after selecting some text or from the annotations list.
Ah, thanks David! So I wasn't going mad, the option used to exist. I guess my friends will just have to survive without knowing what my latest read is...