Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #31
An81
An81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks a lot for the explanation, I do have the tweaks plugin on my kobo now but it doesn 't seem to engage the kobotweaks.ini. Is it correct that I only need a customcommands section in there which I need to update with notepad++?
An81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:31 AM   #32
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
Yep, add a customcommands section to kobotweaks.ini, then reboot your device.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #33
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi guys !

I've found a way to reduce light under the "level 1" (Light1=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/frontlight/frontlight 1\") is again too bright) ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:33 AM   #34
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi guys !
I wanted to say "Have you found a way to reduce light under the "level 1" (Light1=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/frontlight/frontlight 1\") is again too bright) ?"
Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #35
akorx
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi guys !
I wanted to say "Have you found a way to reduce light under the "level 1" (Light1=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/frontlight/frontlight 1\") is again too bright) ?"
It's not the best solution but if you use calibre you can convert your epub in night mode :
=> in CSS you add "body {background-color: black; color:white}" (without double quote !) and rename the title of your book (ie : "alibababa" become "alibaba (night mode)). Then export to your kobo.

Then you will have 2 books : the old (normal) called "alibababa" and the new in night mode called "alibababa (night mode)".

The best way should be to find a plugin that can do this... developpers, any idea?

For french users :

Je continue à chercher comment avoir un "night mode" sur la kobo glo... pour le moment pas de réponse parfaite mais j'ai trouvé une bidouille qui permet de convertir un epub dans ce sens !

Dans calibre, vous faites :
- clic droit sur le livre qui vous intéresse "convertir les livres" / "convertir individuellement"
- dans "métadonnées" vous changez le titre de votre livre (par exemple c'était "alibababa", et bien vous mettez "alibababa (night mode)"
- ensuite dans la partie "Présentation" vous allez à "CSS Supplémentaire" et vous mettez "body {background-color: black; color:white}" (sans les guillemets !).
- et vous cliquez sur "ok" pour convertir le livre
- il ne vous reste plus qu'à l'exporter vers votre kobo (le fait d'avoir ajouter "(night mode)" dans le titre vous fera avoir 2 livres identiques et vous n'aurez plus qu'à prendre l'un ou l'autre selon vos envies !

La solution idéale serait de trouver un plugin qui fait ça.... avis aux developpeurs !

kenavo
Old 04-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #36
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The best way should be to find a plugin that can do this... developpers, any idea?
Here's something I put together real quick to enable a white on black mode. It completely inverts everything on the screen. I have no idea what kind of impact this has on battery life.

Download the zip at the bottom of this post and extract it. Copy the KoboRoot.tgz file to the .kobo folder on your Glo. After you eject your Glo it will install the package and reboot.

Then install the Kobo Tweaks plugin, and add this line to the kobotweaks.ini file (in the .kobo folder, create it if it doesn't exist):
Code:
Invert=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/invert.sh\")
Now you can toggle the inverted display mode by pressing the invert button in the tools menu. Hopefully this is useful to someone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GloInvertedMode.zip (5.3 KB, 300 views)
Old 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #37
Tiburscyo
Tiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
KevinShort

Thanks for your work, but I have a question

I updated to the new firmware 2.5 and created the file kobotweaks.ini
I opened it in Notepad++ and looks like that:

[CustomCommands]

but the option "night mode" doesn't appear. Where am I going wrong?
Tiburscyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #38
Tiburscyo
Tiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTiburscyo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
thanks, now it works,

I made some changes in .ini file:

[CustomCommands]
Launcher=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"/mnt/onboard/.kobo/KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.sh\")
Reboot=tweaks.executeSystemCmd(\"busybox reboot\")

JUST PERFECT!

THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT WORK
Tiburscyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #39
KevinShort
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburscyo View Post
KevinShort

Thanks for your work, but I have a question

I updated to the new firmware 2.5 and created the file kobotweaks.ini
I opened it in Notepad++ and looks like that:

[CustomCommands]

but the option "night mode" doesn't appear. Where am I going wrong?
With the new 2.5 firmware version, you also need to add these lines to kobotweaks.ini:
Code:
[Global]
compatFirmware=2.5.0
Old 04-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #40
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Light at the lowest level is less bright yet, even with the new 2.5.0 firmware?

ps: Can you update the first post? Thanks
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #41
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
Here's something I put together real quick to enable a white on black mode. It completely inverts everything on the screen. I have no idea what kind of impact this has on battery life.

Download the zip at the bottom of this post and extract it. Copy the KoboRoot.tgz file to the .kobo folder on your Glo. After you eject your Glo it will install the package and reboot.

Then install the Kobo Tweaks plugin, and add this line to the kobotweaks.ini file (in the .kobo folder, create it if it doesn't exist):
Code:
Now you can toggle the inverted display mode by pressing the invert button in the tools menu. Hopefully this is useful to someone.
Hi Kevin! That's something I wanted to do in a long time! Would you elaborate a little on what you did exactly? And can you share the source of the two binaries that are present in the archive? I'll test as soon as possible! Thank you very much
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:36 AM   #42
akorx
Addict

Hi Guys, it's tle little french !

I really want to congratulate Kevin for this add-on and for his job. I'm going to test it this evening after work but i'm sure that it will be a major progress for all users !

kevin i will smack you if it works !!!!

And now next work for kevin : find a solution to reduce brightness (frontlight settings). The best solution should be to have a setting betwenn 0% (totally off) and 100% (max power).
Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #43
akorx
Addict

Sorry i haven't seen that the firwmare 2.5.0 seems to correct the brightness settings of frontlights, i'm going to test it too and will add a reply with the result.

Last edited by akorx; 04-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #44
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post

Code:
really nice, thank you!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #45
KevinShort
Addict

Quote:
And now next work for kevin : find a solution to reduce brightness (frontlight settings). The best solution should be to have a setting betwenn 0% (totally off) and 100% (max power).
That's something I'd love to try to do if I can find the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Hi Kevin! That's something I wanted to do in a long time! Would you elaborate a little on what you did exactly? And can you share the source of the two binaries that are present in the archive? I'll test as soon as possible! Thank you very much
Sure thing, I've attached the source code below. The key is line 48 in partial_update_inverted.c:
Code:
region.flags = EPDC_FLAG_ENABLE_INVERSION;
I got that from the freescale eink documentation. It's usually used to "flash" the screen to remove ghosting. What my "inverted mode" package does is call that eink inverted update code every two tenths of a second, giving you an almost constant white on black display.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GloInvertedSource.zip (1.9 KB, 283 views)