Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: What settings do you use?
=Light= 9 13.43%
Always on 16 23.88%
Always on, except in optimal light conditions 14 20.90%
Only on during poorly lit conditions 27 40.30%
Only on when the text is not readable without 7 10.45%
=Full Page Refresh Rate= 10 14.93%
Every page 11 16.42%
Every 2 pages 6 8.96%
Every 3 pages 8 11.94%
Every 4 pages 3 4.48%
Every 5 pages 4 5.97%
Every 6 pages 38 56.72%
=Light Indicator Bar= 9 13.43%
Solid (Black) 23 34.33%
Clear 35 52.24%
=Auto OFF= 8 11.94%
15 minutes or under 32 47.76%
30 minutes 10 14.93%
45 minutes 1 1.49%
60 minutes 4 5.97%
Never 22 32.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Lightbulb User Preference Poll

Out of pure curiosity, I want to take a poll on Kobo Glo user preference in the following areas.

There are 4 parts, Light, Page Refresh, Light Indicator, and Auto Off.

Please vote only one (1) answer per section, and please do not select any of the =headers=..

Edit: I spelled preference wrong..is it possible to edit the title?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-08-2012 at 01:37 PM.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
leloustic
leloustic began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO GLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobokobe View Post
Out of pure curiosity, I want to take a poll on Kobo Glo user preference in the following areas.

Please vote only one (1) answer per section, and please do not select any of the =headers=..

Sorry, too late, I've selected the headers. Too bad!
leloustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #3
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Quote:
Originally Posted by leloustic View Post
Sorry, too late, I've selected the headers. Too bad!
Haha, and you are not alone. Most, if not all, of them on purpose I would wager.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #4
kobokobe
I am what I am

Well, 7 of 29 people selected the headers lol. Regardless, the results are pretty interesting, and some are rather surprising. I would've never guessed that so many people use 6-page full refresh, or such short auto-off times. What I was probably most interested in when I made this poll was how often the light is used, the result is more or less what I expected, except I would'nt've thought so many people would have it on at all times.

Anyhow, thanks everyone for your participation!
Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
... or such short auto-off times.
Interesting results, but I wonder on this one how many were like me and clicked that one thinking in relation to sleep, but rarely turn the device actually off.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
kobokobe
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Interesting results, but I wonder on this one how many were like me and clicked that one thinking in relation to sleep, but rarely turn the device actually off.
I wondered the same thing, despite typing "OFF" in caps. I assume at least a few people made that mistake.

Even for auto-sleep, I find this somewhat surprising, I personally use 30-minute auto-sleep.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I wondered the same thing, despite typing "OFF" in caps. I assume at least a few people made that mistake.

Even for auto-sleep, I find this somewhat surprising, I personally use 30-minute auto-sleep.
I have to admit, when I first read it, I read it as sleep. And 15 minutes is the default sleep value, so a lot of people will have left it at that.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
kobokobe
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have to admit, when I first read it, I read it as sleep. And 15 minutes is the default sleep value, so a lot of people will have left it at that.
Very true, I hadn't considered that.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:02 AM   #9
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
At first with my Touch I set auto-sleep at 5 mn and OFF at 10 mn, but it was really short, so for my Glo, I set it at 10 mn for auto-sleep and OFF at 15 mn. That way is really good for me and though I read with light on when it's to dim to read without I'm about 50% battery life left (wifi off) I charged it fully when I got it just a month ago today and then only connected it a few times to my computer to load books from Calibre. I've read 8 books (about 300 pages each) and began an other. I'm very pleased with it
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
kobokobe
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
At first with my Touch I set auto-sleep at 5 mn and OFF at 10 mn, but it was really short, so for my Glo, I set it at 10 mn for auto-sleep and OFF at 15 mn. That way is really good for me and though I read with light on when it's to dim to read without I'm about 50% battery life left (wifi off) I charged it fully when I got it just a month ago today and then only connected it a few times to my computer to load books from Calibre. I've read 8 books (about 300 pages each) and began an other. I'm very pleased with it
That's a pretty impressive longevity. I tend to just leave it connected to my laptop for a while after I sideload books, so I wasn't sure how long the battery life actually was.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #11
Corkobo
Zealot
Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Corkobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Nook Touch
Hmm, I am surprised at how many people prefer the bottom bar to be clear instead of dark.

Especially when (on another poll) a lot of people find the lowest light level to be too bright. I would have thought that if one finds the light level too bright the bottom bar configured to be dark will help (even if only a little).
Corkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This poll is a bit confusing somehow.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

You Betcha!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #14
kobokobe
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You Betcha!

Don
(Moderator)
Ah, that's how. Thanks!
Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #15
kobokobe
I am what I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
This poll is a bit confusing somehow.
It would've been nice if I could do a true multi-question poll. But I figured it'd be fine when the sections are separated by the headers (which were supposed to have 0 votes, and hence no bar), but people seem unable to resist the temptation to select the headers.

Tags
glo, kobo, poll, preference