Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Weird behaviour

My Nook Color has been acting strange lately I am running cm7.1 stable off SD.

I plug it in to charge every night and when I unplug it in the morning the screen which never occurred until recently. Several days ago when I left plugged in for the morning I heard music and voices and found it playing a video using the Moboplayer app. I uninstalled moboplayer yesterday thinking maybe an update caused a bug and today when I checked it this a.m it was on and in my my ES File explorer app and on the directory for videos and pictures.

Getting paranoid that someone is accessing by wifi. Is this possible?

Maybe someone could clue me in so I have a better understanding how wifi and my nook color works. ie: Does someone have to access by way of the address on my router? If I go on my laptop wifi I cannot see anyone else's equipment just their router and whether it is open or password protected. I have assumed my equipment is the same and someone would have to access my routers wpa password to get to the Nook but maybe not as I have no clue about this stuff. I don't think any of the neighbours within distance of my wifi would have the ability to hack into any computer stuff.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I think you have ghosts in your house!

They say it's possible to get a virus in Android and a few names like Norton offer free anti-virus apps. You could try that. I've run CM7 on my Tablet and never had that problem and never heard of it (until now).
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I think you have ghosts in your house!

They say it's possible to get a virus in Android and a few names like Norton offer free anti-virus apps. You could try that. I've run CM7 on my Tablet and never had that problem and never heard of it (until now).
I will try to an AV to run and see if something shows up. Have not had anything but the home screen being on for the last few days.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote