Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #1
M_Kit
M_Kit began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise, Iconia
Is there an easy and quick way to transfer books from eBookwise to Iconia?

So yesterday I made the sad choice to finally retired my eBookwise-1150 reader and replace it with an Iconia. I was assured that my .html based books, of which I have roughly 1,000, would work on the new device. “There is an app for that.” I was enthusiastically informed.

Silly me, I apparently did not ask the right question. Sure, there are apps to read my .html books, but where is the app to do a mass transfer from the Librarian software into the aforementioned html reading book app. Working with an app called “Moon+ Reader” I was able to load one book onto the device and actually read it. This process took several minutes, requiring me to input the author’s name and re-add spaces to the book’s title. The thought of repeating that process over 1,000 times is not appealing! Please tell me there is an easier way. Pretty please? With cherries on top and lots of chocolate sauce?

-- Kit
M_Kit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
The problem with transferring .html (ebooks) is that the Metadata for the Title, Author, Category, etc. is not stored in a standard way within the .html that can be read by ebook readers like Moon+.

So it's a manual affair, unless, you try another way, by using your original .imp ebook and using an android .imp reader as discussed here.

It's very barebones, but does display the .imp ebook. I previously used it on Android 1.5 (Cupcake), but haven't tried it yet on Honeycomb (v3.1) (so it may not function properly).

It's worth a try...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Iconia can also be a windows computer. Is the one you bought windows or android? If windows then an imp viewer is included with eBook publisher.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I previously used it on Android 1.5 (Cupcake), but haven't tried it yet on Honeycomb (v3.1) (so it may not function properly).
It didn't work properly as it could not open nor find my .imp ebooks on the sdcard!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote