Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
allthumbs
allthumbs began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy SGH-1957R
Error message

calibre, version 1.24.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 718, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 403, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site.py", line 66, in load_module
ZipImportError: can't find module calibre.gui2.preferences.toolbar

This error occurred when I was trying to update my OverDrive Plugin. According to the user installed plugin screen I have the latest Overdrive plugin installed but the message above says that the plugin install failed. I'm confused!
allthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthumbs View Post
calibre, version 1.24.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

This error occurred when I was trying to update my OverDrive Plugin. According to the user installed plugin screen I have the latest Overdrive plugin installed but the message above says that the plugin install failed. I'm confused!
I assume you are referring to the Overdrive Link plugin, updated earlier this week. I don't know what could have caused that error to occur. Perhaps if anyone else experiences the same problem they can report it and we can see if there is a common factor.

Looking at the source code for calibre I do see a minor problem in plugin_updater.py. When an error occurs during a plugin update the new plugin is not actually uninstalled despite the message stating that it will be. The code to do the removal is only executed when calibre is run in debug mode. That explains why the plugin was not uninstalled after the error, but doesn't explain why the error occurred in the first place.

Hopefully the plugin will be working properly for you. If not then I suggest removing the plugin, restarting, and then adding it back again.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote