Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
.7 Catalog is empty

I had the Calibre working with my iPad/Stanza 3.0 until I upgraded to .7 -- now I'm getting a "catalog is empty" message.

I turned off my firewall, still no luck. I can view the catalog from Safari on my iPad....but not stanza.

Other of my custom book sources work.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Same problem. Updated Stanza yesterday. Calibre's server worked. Updated Calibre today, it kept all my old settings. But now Stanza can't see it.

Dear Hubby put in our URL...

htt;://[server host]:8080/stanza

And it suddenly found the catalog. Adding Stanza on the end pulls it up as a news feed.

Last edited by DuskyRose; 06-05-2010 at 07:17 PM.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
regression will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, as DuskyRose pointed out, add /stanza to the URL
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
In addition to the problem above, it seems that the behavior has changed. I used to choose "By Author", or "By Series" and a list of authors or series would appear. Now I get the first letter of all the authors or series and then have to click on a letter to see the list of authors pr series with that letter.
I much preferred it the old way. Is there a setting somewhere to control this?

Thanks,

Tom
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No it can't be controlled.If you have more than a hundred authors or series it will use the first letter, should be a lot faster to navigate.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
That worked, thanks

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:58 AM   #7
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No it can't be controlled.If you have more than a hundred authors or series it will use the first letter, should be a lot faster to navigate.
Well, I do have 129 authors but only 59 series and it still provides the letters for the series.

Speed of navigation is not my goal. Clarity of information is. When I want to see authors, that's what I want to see, not a bunch of letters. Stanza already limits the lists to 30 entries before you have to press the "Load More Results..." link. With it like this, there's no way to scan through a list of authors or a list of series. I have to repeatedly choose one letter at a time which is very inefficient.

BTW, it also does it for publisher and tags, both of which I have fewer than 100.

While I understand how some might want this limit, would it be possible to add the limit (100) as a configurable choice? Then some could leave it at 100, others, like me, could set it higher.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 06-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
tbergman
Connoisseur

WOW!!!

Post here, it appears in the software a little while later. Amazing. Thanks so much for making the maximum items for grouping settable in .71. Works great.

What amazing response.

Thanks,

Tom