Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #25696
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Another hot, humid, sticky day - still in the high 80's F at 8:00 pm.

I see another Ardbeg slushie in my future.

[I deserve it! I did my exercises - sweating on the stair stepper whilst watching Jeopardy!]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #25697
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
They called it stormy Monday,but Tuesday is just as bad
Oh, they called it, they called it stormy monday,
But Tuesday, Tuesday is just as bad
Oh, Wednesday is worst And Thursday oh so sad

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVGu0visDbE )

Dat river goin' t'rise today....

Good morning, everyone! You should see the sky from our windows... It's an amazing show put on bu Mother Nature... There is a LOT of water waiting to come down on Northern Thailand today, and that means there's going to be a LOT of flooding down river in The Big Mango....

We're safe and dry up here though, and I have a mug (my very OWN mug again!) of Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea sitting beside me, as I try to get my eyes to focus this morning. Too early to get breakfast although I guess the Food Lady has been set up for the past three hours. I need to wake up a bit more before I eat.

We are starting 'water delivery' today, providing the guy on the phone understood my mangled Passa Thai. 25-liter bottles for 25 Baht. ( 80¢ ) is a lot better than paying 60 baht for 6 1.5 liter bottles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Maybe plug an adapter (or a baby-protection plug stop) in every outlet you have, so that you have to think about it before plugging something in?
That is a fantastic suggestion, Deb! Thanks! Absolutely karma-worthy! I'll take the karma away from VydorScope (for his suggestion) and give it to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Or a fork. Put a fork in each, that will make you think about it for sure.
Mods... Am I allowed to tell Vinny what he can do with his fork?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
[I deserve it! I did my exercises - sweating on the stair stepper whilst watching Jeopardy!]
Jeopardy... What an amazing program. Think how long it's lasted on TV... I remember 'playing' Jepardy for money with other guys in the Ready Room of a Military base when I was 20. Who ever shouted out the correct answer collected a dollar from everyone else. That was 46 years ago....

Well, I think I'm awake now. I'll put up one more mug of tea then head downstairs to graze the food cart...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #25698
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Yes ... but no diagrams please ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #25699
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Watching Jeopardy is our every night pleasure, last thing before cleaning up and heading to bed. TiVo means we always have some saved so we can avoid some of the more annoying Tournaments.

Too hot for tea or even malt whiskey tonight (unless I were willing to do poohbear_nc's solution.) So Diet Coke.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #25700
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Yes ... but no diagrams please ....
I agree.

Folgers coffee in my cup, as I was too lazy to bring out the grinder tonight for the good coffee beans.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #25701
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Starbucks medium blend at the in laws. A massive improvement over the Maxwell House. We are having a good time. Lots of dog drama and little sleep but fun watching the cousins play and discover new things.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #25702
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, we accomplished a lot today, so I'm treating myself to a mango shake with vanilla ice cream! But...
... I did discover that I'm no plumber. I built my own house in New England 40 years ago, doing all the carpentry, plumbing, and wiring. I took classes at the Adult Ed Center to learn how. And it worked. But I guess I must have forgotten a bit...

They delivered our washing machine and I decided I'd plumb it in. Except there was no pipe, only shower heater hose... So I needed a T-joint, a stop-and-waste valve, and the fittings to make it secure. The house I built had copper pipes that I soldered. No problem. But trying to get these plastic screw fittings tight to cast iron fittings without cracking them was a challenge I for which I was not up! There was water squirting everywhere. It was like a Three Stooges movie.... I shut off the water and will approach it again on the morrow...

Think I'll make another mango shake.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 07-25-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #25703
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Morning coffee in my cup and wishing you luck on getting the washer hooked up.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #25704
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I hate plumbing.

Currently settled down with mug o' tea #1. Mentally preparing myself for another physical therapy session in about two hours.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #25705
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Or a fork. Put a fork in each, that will make you think about it for sure.
back away from the electrical producing equipment with the conductive materials!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #25706
Stitchawl
Opsimath

This is my island in the sun
Where my people have toiled since time begun
I may sail on many a sea
Her shores will always be home to me

Oh, island in the sun
Willed to me by my father's hand
All my days I will sing in praise
Of your forest, waters, your shining sand

As morning breaks the heaven on high
I lift my heavy load to the sky
Sun comes down with a burning glow
Mingles my sweat with the earth below

Oh, island in the sun
Willed to me by my father's hand
All my days I will sing in praise
Of your forest, waters, your shining sand

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aaCfH9jUw8 )

Good morning, everyone! The sun is burning down as it can only do in the Tropics. When I went to bed last night the rain was pouring down... as it can only do in the Tropics. And according to the Weather Man, it will be doing so again before noon... What a land! (This shot is of my wife while on vacation in the South.)

Thanks to East India Company, I have delicious "Royal Breakfast" tea in my mug this morning. I cry for happy!
But my honey pots are calling me so I think I have to get dressed and go see the Food Lady. The biggest decisions we face every day are 'what shall we eat and where?' It's a tough life but we're up to the task!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BEACH.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	108579  
Old 07-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #25707
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
Good evening all...

Just water in the cup ('tis late).
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 AM   #25708
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Talisker.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #25709
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Early afternoon mug of unbranded Keemun tea. Any time of day it's a welcome brew.

Stitchawl
Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #25710
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First tea of the day.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?