Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-14-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Sony 5" eBook reader

If Sony will produce 5" eBook reader what will be the price for it? Any ideas?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #2
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
I dont know if they will be making an eReader that small as I read through the columns that most wanted larger screen eReader rather than a small one. Well, the question really is.... will many patronize it so that Sony will make it?
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I hope Sony won't have anything to do with eReader. Horrible format.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Now, now, Jon. If you can't play nicely with others.... .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I hope Sony won't have anything to do with eReader. Horrible format.
Jon:

Advert
Old 05-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #6
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
I would love for there to be a small screen sony IF it wasn't too expensive, then I can have another ebook reader for DRMed books. I think that sony would have to price it a $250 or less (hopefully). If they were to do it my preference would be for LCD (like jetbook) instead of eink, mainly because I'm not a fan of the eink, specifically the page turning.
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
I hope they don't get involved in producing screen where you need magnifying lenses to read a book. I hope they go for 8" instead. That would be the proper fiction oriented reader!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
I hope they don't get involved in producing screen where you need magnifying lenses to read a book. I hope they go for 8" instead. That would be the proper fiction oriented reader!
You don't need magnifying lenses for reading on 5" screen because you can use the same font size that you use with 6" screen units
Old 05-16-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
You don't need magnifying lenses for reading on 5" screen because you can use the same font size that you use with 6" screen units
I was sarcastic about magnifying lenses :P
Although, the idea is the same
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
ortho
ortho began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
I borrowed a prs-505 from a friend and I am pleased with the screen sizeas it is. I have no difficulty reading it at medium format. Besides ,a larger screen, means a larger device which may not fit in my handbag. I think this is great invention.I am reading at a faster speed than I would if I was reading a paperback.
ortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
I'm hoping too that Sony will produce a device with a larger screen than 5'' or 6'' in the near future.
And i'm hoping that they will offer us firmware updates for the PRS-505 and PRS-700 devices soon. (a kingdom for full justification in ePub ebooks!)
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #12
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
I want a Kindle DX sized device just not from Amazon (I want open formats and I want a Memory Card slot) but I want that screen!! I don't care if its big :-)
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #13
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Now, now, Jon. If you can't play nicely with others.... .
It looks like Sony read my message and decided to produce 5" screen .
I think that 5" screen is the standard for eBook readers now:
1. jetBook
2. Sony
3. Astak
4. PocketBook
5. Aluratek
6. BeBook
7. Hanvon
8. Who will be the next?