Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #106
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Careful Mrs. Often, a Kobo employee may read of your displeasure with another part of the company and not be able to do their job as well as a result of it... These poor people are only human and under such terrible stress. We must avoid negativity for the sake of negativity and endeavor to celebrate our fellow man despite our treatment at their hands.

Sorry, devil made me do it. I hope you get your properly working unit back soon -before you start having to bust heads.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything Mrs Often has wrote here. She is describing a specific and legitimate beef. Your post on the other hand is exact definition of negativity for the sake of negativity and adds exactly NOTHING to the discussion.
I shouldn't even post this, but it's been nice having a reasonable level of civility here for the last while and I hate to see it disappear.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #107
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Robko,

Have you never heard of the concept of the friendly jibe? I was rather obviously going way over the top and kidding her. I'm quite sure a person of her obvious intelligence and wit got it. Must we be so small-minded that we cannot even consider the opposing viewpoint, if for nothing more than to better understand our own?

She was obviously the very picture of restraint considering the run-around a more jaundiced eye would attribute to the situation based on their apparently first losing her reader and being out of replacement stock until exactly the point at which she made noise rather than informing her of why there was an additional wait and then missing their own delivery window...

Considering I apologized for not being able to resist kidding her, and added my hopes she would get it back soon, it seems to me that you might just be the one spoiling for a confrontation...

BTW, how is it that concerns affecting the masses are in any way less legitimate than those of an individual?

I admire your attempt at calling for less negativity, but invite you to consider that in the history of mankind it is displeasure with the current state of things that has led to advancement and betterment of the human condition, not pacificity and complacency.

Last edited by TechniSol; 02-18-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: losing only has one 'o'...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #108
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
...Still nothing. Somehow I'm still hopeful the postman will bring it today but I can't really believe that is possible.

Quote:
I hope you get your properly working unit back soon -before you start having to bust heads.
I think I might not have to! SameerH is on the case and busting some heads for me
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #109
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
...Still nothing. Somehow I'm still hopeful the postman will bring it today but I can't really believe that is possible.
Remember, the postman always rings twice...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #110
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Go get 'em SameerH! I really was hopeful you'd get it back today, being Monday here, and thinking maybe things got delayed for just the weekend.

Good luck. If it makes you feel any better I'm still waiting to download the new firmware on the Glo, but oddly have had it several days now on the Touch... Wouldn't ya think they'd update the newer models first then get around to the older stuff out there? The inner workings of Kobo remain a mystery to me...
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 AM   #111
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Go get 'em SameerH! I really was hopeful you'd get it back today, being Monday here, and thinking maybe things got delayed for just the weekend.

Good luck. If it makes you feel any better I'm still waiting to download the new firmware on the Glo, but oddly have had it several days now on the Touch... Wouldn't ya think they'd update the newer models first then get around to the older stuff out there? The inner workings of Kobo remain a mystery to me...
Thanks Tech. No Glo yet Monday came and went, and I didn't even see the postman. Today is a holiday in Toronto (that's what PeterT said in the 2.4.0 thread anyway) so I'm guessing not much head busting today. On the other hand, Sameer replied to me on a Sunday so you never know. Here in the Netherlands however it's just a regular Tuesday and those b*%#$@>rds in the South of the Netherlands should very well get on with it and put a beautiful new Glo in the post for me personally drive up here with cake, a gift card with Kobo store credit, an apologetic letter, a case of Shiraz, and of course a beautiful new Glo

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 02-19-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #112
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-19 11.28.27.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	101535   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-19 11.29.31.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	101536   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-19 11.29.56.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	101537  
Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 AM   #113
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

I don't see the shiraz
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:57 AM   #114
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I don't see the shiraz
Crap. You're right.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:10 AM   #115
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Crap. You're right.
Crap x 89873^90347893. Update-restart loop with regular Wifi setup. With strange in-complete screen refreshes Always great beginning to have to factory reset a new device you've done nothing with yet

Factory reset, then Wifi setup again -> update-restart loop again.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #116
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Wow, you finally got it!!!
Maybe doing the set up through USB would resolve the restart loop Is it a sign that the new firmware is getting available for the Glo in the Netherlands?

Anyway, yay for the new Glo
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #117
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Wow, you finally got it!!!
Yeaaahh yay [I want skype's (dance) smiley here]

Quote:
Maybe doing the set up through USB would resolve the restart loop
That was my plan. But I left the second update-restart loop with scary bigger partial screen refreshes sit for a slightly longer time and it finally stopped looping and entered into real startup. It seems to work now (but I haven't read any books yet or changed any settings), though this scary start has got me mistrusting my new Glo

Quote:
Is it a sign that the new firmware is getting available for the Glo in the Netherlands?
Also what I thought... but nope, it's 2.3.1.

Quote:
Anyway, yay for the new Glo
Thanks
Old 02-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #118
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Update: manually updated to 2.4.0 with NO problems, no scary update-restart loop.

WHEW!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #119
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Update: manually updated to 2.4.0 with NO problems, no scary update-restart loop.

WHEW!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #120
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:

WHEW!
YaY - you got it! Glad it is working OK
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote