Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-12-2014, 06:03 AM   #1
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Custom Column with sub-folder template

I can manage how to create genres by using this tutorial (Useful template functions) and it works in the dekstop version, but cannot seem to understand the bottom part about templates, as I don't know where to insert them nor how to enter them to make the genres and sub-folders show correctly on my tablet.

Thank you

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 01-12-2014 at 06:07 AM.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I can manage how to create genres by using this tutorial (Useful template functions) and it works in the dekstop version, but cannot seem to understand the bottom part about templates, as I don't know where to insert them nor how to enter them to make the genres and sub-folders show correctly on my tablet.

Thank you
forget templates.

Use Calibre Companion on your Tab to act as the Library front end to your reading applications.

CC has the ability to display by 'groupings' like your custom #genere

Note: you will need to send all the books via CC-Calibre
Be sure to Move all your Tablet books into Calibre so they can be sent back
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

How do I add to different groups?

I have 3 libraries with very different books in Calibre on my PC and would like to copy most of them on to my tablet.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry
I can't answer that.

CC is not expensive (less than a Gourmet coffee). Buy it from Google play . Play with it

You configure Calibre's Connect/Share:

Wireless Device: if you want to have the Wireless behave like a USB plugged device: Push, see on device column

Content server: if you want to 'Pull' book to your Tab (android)

The only limit I know is it can only connect to 1 server/device at a time.
Whish is really not much different that the Limit put on the USB attach
Old 01-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #5
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I already own the Calibre Companion.

I bought in the hopes that I could transfer more than one library onto my Tablet.
Advert
Old 01-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:

I bought in the hopes that I could transfer more than one library onto my Tablet.
Have you tried? You can't do it in all one go.
You will need some unique distinction (a Tag, Genere...) to be able to review/select books in CC

Assumes all Libraries uses a Single computer:
View Library 1:
Use CC in your preferred mode to connect (I think Wireless would work best initially)
Send/pull books

Repeat for Library 2, 3 ...

IMHO the only reason for a single user to have multiple libraries is the structure needs to be quite different and some other form tagging can't meet the needs. Virtual Libraries are a very powerful tool
Old 01-13-2014, 12:22 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

Thank you
Quote:

If you are using calibre companion then the filename template serves very little purpose. CC will respect it for placing the book files inside CC's folder but CC doesn't use it for any grouping or sorting. Instead to group on the new column in CC you add the genre column's luukup name (#genre) to CC's grouping drawer as described in the FAQ answer https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...70#post2396570.

If you are not using CC then the file path might be significant. You set the template by connecting your device, right-clicking on the device button that appears, then putting the template into the save template box.

Multiple libraries in CC were discussed in the other thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...25#post2737025. Synopsis: you can easily put books from multiple libraries into CC. There are ways to be able to use CC's grouping to show books from only one library.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote