Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Major Bug in Search/Replace in Calibre 4.13

There is a major bug in Calibre 4.13. Please go here to read about it.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-27-2020 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Edit book: When searching in normal mode, have spaces in the search expression match multiple spaces and line breaks in the text.
This is in the 4.13 What's New. I didn't install after I read that because it sounded very strange.
Advert
Old 03-27-2020, 06:16 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
This is in the 4.13 What's New. I didn't install after I read that because it sounded very strange.
I did install it because I didn't know the new search/replace would be such a problem. It now means that normal search is very broken.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:53 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did install it because I didn't know the new search/replace would be such a problem. It now means that normal search is very broken.
I'm amazed. I'd assumed you'd be more sceptical of anything new than me. After all, you're an official curmudgeon?
Old 03-28-2020, 06:55 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I'm amazed. I'd assumed you'd be more sceptical of anything new than me. After all, you're an official curmudgeon?
I have the 4.12 installer. So I was able to put it back. I didn't realize just what was done to normal search. So I installed, tried it and went right back to 4.12.
Advert
Old 03-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Kovid has announced that the next release will revert this change for normal search, and add the change to 'fuzzy' search.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:06 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Kovid has announced that the next release will revert this change for normal search, and add the change to 'fuzzy' search.
Yep. Nothing to see here. The problem was solved in the thread linked to in the first post. No need at all for this additional thread in my opinion.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:31 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yep. Nothing to see here. The problem was solved in the thread linked to in the first post. No need at all for this additional thread in my opinion.
I started it to point to the other thread because the title was very much misleading.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which is not a valid reason for cross-posting.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:20 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Which is not a valid reason for cross-posting.
I did report the thread to have the topic cha1nged and none of the mods bothered to change it. If that had happened, this thread would not exist.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:21 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I did report the thread to have the topic cha1nged and none of the mods bothered to change it. If that had happened, this thread would not exist.
You don't get to take matters into your own hands, Jon. Believe it or not, not all of your reports are deemed actionable by the team. As such you are to abide by the inaction as well. After reporting something, your part in the process is at an end.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-29-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderators, like me don't see reported posts.

Anyway I'm locking this thread , it's getting on my wick.

BR
Closed Thread