Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2020, 11:30 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
You're a darned genius, thanks for the reminder, now highlighting works perfectly at the edges and I'll live with swiping for page turns.
Happy to help. I too am set for swiping. I've been swiping to change the page ever since the Sony Reader PRS-650.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:02 PM   #17
WLo
WLo began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD
Confirmed; setting to "swipe only" resolves the issue
WLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #18
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try setting page turns to swipe and see if that works better.
I will try this evening but if it works (and it appears to be when I see the others answers), it means that there a real bug, no ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:37 PM   #19
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I will try this evening but if it works (and it appears to be when I see the others answers), it means that there a real bug, no ?
Yes. And I'm sure you will report it to Kobo so that they know they need to fix it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 04:21 PM   #20
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi davidfor,

I'm about to send an email to help@kobobooks.com in order to explain the problem but with my bad english (you know I'm french) I fear they will reject it if I'm not clear...

Can you correct my text if I'm not clear or with no sense or incomprehensible or with faults ?

My email :

"Hi,

I own a kobo e-reader and with other users, we believe we have identified a bug that has existed since several versions of firmware on the Aura HD and potentially on other e-readers (even with the last firmware 4.20.14622).

Overall, when a page has been opened for a long time (not 10s but certainly at least for 50s, 60s or even more), we no longer have access to the dictionary by selecting a word and holding our finger on it (= tap and hold); in 2 words what happens is that the word is not even selected, it is as if we had not touched the screen.
On the other hand, a short press turns the page well.
This does not happen just after opening a page, you really have to wait several tens of seconds to see the problem. It is as if the reader fell asleep for the access to the dictionary part, but not to turn the pages...

The problem is discussed here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328281

Can you tell me if this bug is known and if yours devellopers are working on it?"

Thank you in advance for your help .

Last edited by akorx; 03-26-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Advert
Old 03-26-2020, 08:20 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi davidfor,

I'm about to send an email to help@kobobooks.com in order to explain the problem but with my bad english (you know I'm french) I fear they will reject it if I'm not clear...

Can you correct my text if I'm not clear or with no sense or incomprehensible or with faults ?

My email :

"Hi,

I own a kobo e-reader and with other users, we believe we have identified a bug that has existed since several versions of firmware on the Aura HD and potentially on other e-readers (even with the last firmware 4.20.14622).

Overall, when a page has been opened for a long time (not 10s but certainly at least for 50s, 60s or even more), we no longer have access to the dictionary by selecting a word and holding our finger on it (= tap and hold); in 2 words what happens is that the word is not even selected, it is as if we had not touched the screen.
On the other hand, a short press turns the page well.
This does not happen just after opening a page, you really have to wait several tens of seconds to see the problem. It is as if the reader fell asleep for the access to the dictionary part, but not to turn the pages...

The problem is discussed here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328281

Can you tell me if this bug is known and if yours devellopers are working on it?"

Thank you in advance for your help .
That reads well to me. It explains the problem and especially how to reproduce it. And I realised I might not have waited long enough to test it on my Glo. I'll have to try over the weekend.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 11:02 PM   #22
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
Perhaps include that this occurs only with page turn set to "tap", with swipe highlight functions normally.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 06:20 AM   #23
akorx
Addict

Hi,

I've sent a email to help@kobobooks.com . I imagine they will sent me an answer to tell me if this problem is known or not.

I will come back to give news as soon as I get it.

If other people can test on their own devices and give us the result it would be cool to guide the research.

Last edited by akorx; 03-28-2020 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:32 PM   #24
akorx
Addict

I'm waiting for the answer of help@kobobooks.com but I notice another thing which could explain certain bugs during the selection of the word to look for in the dictionary: in spite of a very fact gap between the lines, it is possible to "click" (=tap and hold) between the line of the above and the one below and therefore to find yourself without any selected word ...

Also having a Glo, I do not encounter the problem and I think it may be related either to the resolution of the Aura HD (and more recent models ?) or simply to the fact that the screen being smaller, it is more difficult to click between 2 lines. What do you think about my idea? Have you the same problem?

Last edited by akorx; 04-06-2020 at 05:42 PM.