Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 02-23-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Where to download older firmware?

Hi, I tried to find it on my own but didn't work.

I have the Onyx Nova Pro updated and it really runs slow. Want to try first to flash the last firmware again, and maybe this way will run more fluent, and if not go two versions backwards, when I was happy with what I got.

Any link to a Google drive/ftp archive?

Thanks
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:50 PM   #2
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
maybe using the wayback machine?

https://web.archive.org/web/20180601...com/downloads/

but they may have deleted the files.

Last edited by whopper; 02-23-2020 at 08:00 PM.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2020, 04:44 PM   #3
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
maybe using the wayback machine?

https://web.archive.org/web/20180601...com/downloads/

but they may have deleted the files.
Never heard about that thing of "The time machine". It seems really interesting.

Apparently, the firmware version I am Interested in is still on Google drive. Tomorrow I will try to download it, and let's see.

By the way, are the .upx files flashable through adb/fastboot?

Thanks!!
Old 02-28-2020, 04:09 PM   #4
naturalbrah
naturalbrah began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question what is the best firmware version of nova pro?

Just today I was about to purchase the Nova Pro after hesitating between it and Mars and Ares but decided to search more into the firmware beforehand and came across this new 2.2.2 version which everybody says its a bad one, the irony more like a downgrade version. So I am again stumped on whether to purchase one or not because another upgrade might not be coming anytime soon, or the last option is to just stay on the best possible firmware, which firmware do you think is the most responsive one yet?
Thank you
naturalbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #5
eReader fan
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalbrah View Post
Just today I was about to purchase the Nova Pro after hesitating between it and Mars and Ares but decided to search more into the firmware beforehand and came across this new 2.2.2 version which everybody says its a bad one, the irony more like a downgrade version. So I am again stumped on whether to purchase one or not because another upgrade might not be coming anytime soon, or the last option is to just stay on the best possible firmware, which firmware do you think is the most responsive one yet?
Thank you
I will downgrade to 2.1.2.

Does anyone know about upx updates being flashable through adb/fastboot?
Advert
Old 03-05-2020, 02:48 AM   #6
diabl0w
Connoisseur
diabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enough

Device: Max3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eReader fan View Post
I will downgrade to 2.1.2.

Does anyone know about upx updates being flashable through adb/fastboot?
they are not, upx files are some sort of special encrypted zip... if you have a Max3 I can get you ADB flashable files
diabl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:32 AM   #7
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabl0w View Post
they are not, upx files are some sort of special encrypted zip... if you have a Max3 I can get you ADB flashable files
I have Max 3. If version is below 2.2.2 could you please share it?
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 05:47 PM   #8
eReader fan
Addict

Quote:
Thanks man, but I have Nova pro.

I writted to onyx asking for the 2.1.2 version, and the answer was to ask it through the feedback option inside the onyx OS, in settings. I have done it right now. Hope it works this way, because I really need it to make it a useful device again.

Will tell you what they answer to me

EDIT: And Onyx answered! They sent me the firmware I was asking for, and told me just moving the .upx archive on the root folder and then going to the update option on "Settings" it will apply it, so it seems the update button works for the updates and the downgrades.

So happy with the 2.1.2. I recovered the eInk refreshing options from before, that are much better than the 4 new, and the whole system works smoother. I can even convert a big video file, which with the 2.2.2 it got frozen.

Thanks to all and to Onyx

Last edited by eReader fan; 03-09-2020 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:21 PM   #9
diabl0w
Connoisseur
diabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enoughdiabl0w will become famous soon enough

Device: Max3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Faust View Post
I have Max 3. If version is below 2.2.2 could you please share it?
Sorry, I just realized i only have 2.2.2 available
diabl0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 07:20 AM   #10
ROEF9009
ROEF9009 began at the beginning.

Device: MAX2 ONYX
hi ereader fan
what did you write to onyx support?
when i asked them to send me the original or previous upx files i was confronted with non responsive attitude that told me to go on and file feedback bugs reports.
i just need older upx to downgrade my max2 since there is a lot of ghosting with hdmi feature
ROEF9009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 08:17 AM   #11
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
I just uploaded the Max2 1.9.1 file here :
http://dl.free.fr/mdH2RmtjV

rename the file as update.upx and put it on your Max2, then start a manual update.

Good luck

Denis
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:44 AM   #12
qls0519
qls0519 began at the beginning.

Device: BooxNote2
Quote:
hey man, do you have any firmware of note2 that can be flash through adb ? if you have, could you send it to me? my email: qls0519@gmail.com. thanks in advance.
qls0519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:47 AM   #13
Oleg2015
Oleg2015 began at the beginning.

Device: Max BOOX 2
Dia Kollegs,
I have a Max BOOX 2 and I use it 5 years. The BOOX 2 had a Firmaware 1.9.1 und it worked wonderful. But it get recently update to v2.2.2 and aktuelly works bad.
Can I get the old version to downgrade to 1.9.1? The file on
https://onyxboox.com/support/boox_max2 doesn't work for me.
Would You share old firmware, in order to allow me to downgrade my Boox max 2?
Thank you very much.
Oleg Kuhtin
Oleg2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 09:57 AM   #14
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg2015 View Post
The basic problem is that there is no index of older software.
At any time you can only get a link for the latest.
If somebody wrote down the link of an older software you should still be able to download that.
Then there is the problem of patching things to roll back to an older version.

In any case, this is the current version for the Max2. Why not try it?
Code:
Model:  Max2
Finger: Onyx/Max2/Max2:6.0.1/2023-06-09_07-57_3.3.2_cd8a1c2/8706:user/release-keys
Link:   http://firmware-us-volc.boox.com/cc8643ea89217451ebce54e9dbcd2946/update.upx
Size:   1,014,123,552
MD5:    cc8643ea89217451ebce54e9dbcd2946
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 04:29 AM   #15
DenisR
Connoisseur
DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.DenisR is the king of the Divan.

Device: Onyx Boox Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg2015 View Post
Dia Kollegs,
Unfortunately, I don't have 1.9... anymore.
I still have 2.3.0 and .1 , 3.0 and 3.1 if you want give them a try. I think I can remember that 2.2.2 was not a good firmware ... You can probably check here what was written about it.
For 3.2 and over take care that you probably won't be able to go back to an older version after having installed it.
Denis
DenisR is offline   Reply With Quote