Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #4006
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Looks like handling of utopiastories.com urls is not fully correct in Calibre's FanFicFare plugin.
only http://www.utopiastories.com/code/show_story.asp/recid/<story_id_number> URLs are handled but https://www.utopiastories.com/code/show_story.asp/recid/<story_id_number> are considered invalid by fanficfare even while same content is available at both URLs.
HTTPS doesn't work for me on www.utopiastories.com in Python from CLI or from in Calibre. Checking with an SSL analyzer site, their SSL implement is rated 'F' due to only supported known insecure protocols.

I will add code in the next test version to accept https:// URLs for utopiastories.com, but FFF can't use https:// for downloads for that site at this time.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:40 PM   #4007
MidwestJen
MidwestJen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, K1 (ret), K2 (ret)
Question Get from email feature

I've been using the "get from email" feature for a long time now. It seems Google updated how the security is for 3rd party access to your account and now you have to turn on a flag to allow the "less secure" in (which I did). Even with that, I'm still getting an error. I haven't changed my credentials with gmail, and I did re-enter them in FFF just in case they were corrupted. I've restarted and I continue to get the same error.

Quote:
calibre, version 4.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>error</b>:[AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)

calibre 4.13 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.18362-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.18362')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.18362', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 9, 0) && NormComment (0, 0, 2) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 22) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && FanFicFare (3, 17, 0) && FictionDB (1, 2, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fff_plugin" , line 493, in get_urls_from_imap_menu
File "calibre_plugins.fanficfare_plugin.fanficfare.getu rls", line 223, in get_urls_from_imap
File "imaplib.py", line 523, in login
error: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)
This is a dedicated account for FF.net emails and has 187 unread notifications. I'd try lessening the amount to see if it's overloading, but my guess is that it's failing before it even gets to that.

Thoughts on what could be the problem?
MidwestJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #4008
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No idea, unfortunately. You are correct that the error is occurring during login, before it gets to fetching emails.

Back in Feb 2020 somebody else had the same or a similar issue that mysteriously went away.

All I can say is that's working fine for me and I too use Google account for it.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 AM   #4009
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I've tried rebuilding the saved metadata column for old stories, but when I run the "update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column" almost everything I've added is deleted and I'm left with the following:

Code:
<div>
<p>Adapter_Classes: </p>
<ul><li id="adapter_classes">FanFictionNetSiteAdapter</li></ul>
<p>Authorhtml: </p>
<p id="authorHTML">Packaged: </p>
<p id="dateCreated">2020-03-30T08:11:55.674000</p>
<p>Updated: </p>
<p id="dateUpdated">2020-03-30T08:11:55.674000</p>
<p>Lastupdate: </p>
<ul><li id="lastupdate">Last Update Year/Month: 2020/03</li>
<li>Last Update: 2020/03/30</li></ul>
<p>Python_Version: </p>
<p id="python_version">2.7.16+ (default, Nov 24 2019, 14:39:13) [MSC v.1916 64 bit (AMD64)]</p>
<p>Story URL Section: </p>
<p id="sectionUrl">https://www.fanfiction.net/s/47/1/</p>
<p>Publisher: </p>
<p id="site">www.fanfiction.net</p>
<p>Site Abbrev: </p>
<p id="siteabbrev">ffnet</p>
<p>Story ID: </p>
<p id="storyId">47</p>
<p>Story URL: </p>
<p id="storyUrl">https://www.fanfiction.net/s/47/1/</p>
<p>Titlehtml: </p>
<p id="titleHTML">Downloader Version: </p>
<p id="version">FanFicFare v3.16.0</p>
<p><br></p></div>
The only thing still there is the Story URL and the Story ID number.

I've gone over this twice and can't spot any errors, I've even just added the info from another story and then run it and I'm still left with nothing. None of my columns is set to "New Only" and even if they were I don't think they're supposed to delete the info in the saved metadata column.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM   #4010
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I've tried rebuilding the saved metadata column for old stories, but when I run the "update Calibre Metadata from Saved Metadata Column" almost everything I've added is deleted and I'm left with the following:
The saved metadata column is not really meant to be human-editable--it's barely meant to be human-readable.

On 'Update from Saved Column' FFF reads and parses the saved column, then writes it again when it's updating everything else because it's just easier to use the same code and it shouldn't matter.

But if you're trying to write that column manually and you don't get it exactly right, then, yeah, it will be overwritten with the parts that did parse or came from elsewhere, like the URL and storyId.

If you don't have 'saved metadata' from a story, I suggest using 'Update Metadata from Web site' instead of manually rebuilding it.

If you insist on trying, I recommend looking at the code that generates the HTML for the saved column.

But I'm also declaring that an 'off-label' use, if you will. Go ahead and try if you want, but don't expect support for it.
Old Yesterday, 01:49 PM   #4011
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

The story no longer exist on the web-site. In earlier versions of the PI I've been able to copy the information in the metadata column from one story to another and then edit so it fits the new story.

I can no longer do that.

Edit:

It worked in 3.11.5

Last edited by Tanjamuse; Yesterday at 01:58 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM   #4012
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
The story no longer exist on the web-site. In earlier versions of the PI I've been able to copy the information in the metadata column from one story to another and then edit so it fits the new story.

I can no longer do that.
Nothing about the 'Saved Metadata Column' feature has changed in the last few months.

In theory, it is possible to do what you say. But you have to get the HTML exactly right to parse correctly. Which means editing in HTML source mode not WYSIWYG at a minimum.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #4013
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I've done it exactly like it is, even just a copy of the column from one to another (which I would think couldn't change anything, when I copy it from the HTML tab) and it still wipes it clean.
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #4014
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I've done it exactly like it is, even just a copy of the column from one to another (which I would think couldn't change anything, when I copy it from the HTML tab) and it still wipes it clean.
Fine. You've successfully nagged me into looking into this more.

But you're not going to like what I've found.

You can not manually modify 'Saved Metadata Column' at all anymore because Calibre changes the HTML when it shows it to you to edit. Calibre changes the HTML, discarding the tags/attributes that FFF uses to parse it.

Looking in the Calibre code, it does a ton of 'clean up' on HTML in comments/long text columns before presenting it to the user. Most of that is apparently to remove a ton of additional tagging and style that was also added somewhere along the way. Code seems to suggest it comes from Qt?

There's some code in calibre's comments_editor.py that will skip cleanup if the tag <meta name="calibre-dont-sanitize"> is included, but when I try to include that, it's stripped out before getting to that point, along with the <div class="metadata"> tags FFF is relying on.

So, short answer: You can't edit 'Saved Metadata Column' anymore because Calibre changes the HTML when you do.
Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM   #4015
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thank you so much. For all the work you do.
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #4016
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Okay, right after I posted, I had one more idea. Which does seem to work.

You can change your 'Saved Metadata Column' column to "Interpret this column as:" Plain Text instead of HTML.

You won't be able to see it as formatted HTML anymore, but you will be able to edit it again.
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM   #4017
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I was considering installing a previous version of calibre and FFF, if I use the idea you posted, can FFF still use the column as it normally does?