Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 02:12 AM   #1
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: iPad
Where are the tags on export to the file system?

I am using the `calibredb export` command on macOS to write all my books to the file system in the following manner:

Code:
calibredb --library-path=http://localhost:8282 export --all --to-dir ~/tmp/calibre-books --progress --dont-write-opf --dont-save-cover
From the manual I figure that the saved books should contain the metadata from my calibre library (because I do not give the option --dont-update-metadata). In calibre I have applied tags to my library items, but I cannot see them in the exported books. I expected them as Finder tags, but this happens neither for ePUBs nor for PDFs.

Do I do anything wrong?

Last edited by halloleo; 03-24-2020 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Compete calibredb command line
halloleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
metadata is updated inside book files, calibre knows nothing about finder tags, and does not support them
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:17 AM   #3
halloleo
Groupie
halloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhalloleo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Ok, that's a bit of a bummer...

I need Finder tags to have the tags available in DEVONthink. - But wait! Maybe DEVONthink itself can do the conversion of internal tags to Finder tags. Let me have a look...
Old 03-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #4
halloleo
Groupie

Yes! For the record: DEVONthink can do the conversion with ease! See here.

Tags
calibredb, export, tagging