Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 08:09 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Thanks for point out the broken '-f' switch. It must have broke when I added the -x -s options.

As for the multi objID that is a good idea, I'll look into it.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Hello,

This project and program is still alive and current?

I was searching for a time for such tool, I don't know why it's not more popular, since .lrf conversions from many people suffers from terrible font sizes and types.

Maybe, would not be a good suggestion and add-on to merge inside Calibre full project?

Thanks!
Regards!
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #18
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
HI Jotas,

Well I'm still around as I wrote the tool, but there hasn't been much additional work to it. It did what it was designed to do which was remove the margins and change the font size, I haven't needed more features or have been asked for more features.

Of late I'm finding out I don't store LRF anymore as a format it is too difficult to convert and get good results, so most of my books are in MOBI/LIT/ePUB and I convert them to LRF when I want to read them on my reader.

However I do use the tool when I find books exclusive to the LRF format (mainly older books here at mobileread.)

The Calibre folks are open to adding this feature to their tool their restriction however is it must be in Python and that is a language I do not know this tool was written in Perl.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:20 AM   #19
jotas
Connoisseur
jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jotas has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: who knows?
Hello,

I understand. Yes, I agree, .LRF and Sony continues to be tricky.

Thanks anyway for your program and work. Hope Calibre can consider add such a basic and useful idea in future versions for existing .LRF library files.

Regards!
jotas is offline   Reply With Quote