Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #61
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
It's just been in the past few days that I've noticed Moon+ going back a page instead of forward. I had this problem a lot with Aldiko though, which is part of why I switched to Moon +.

Has anyone else ever had a problem with Moon + pro not working on certain files in the night time theme? It happened to me for the first time a few nights ago, I usually use the blue on black Night theme, but with this particular file, no matter what theme I used, the words wouldn't turn to anything but stayed basic black, making it impossible to see on any of the darker screened themes. Figured it was an isolated thing, read the book on the daytime theme, then switched back on my next book.

And then last night it happened again on another book! And it really hurts my eyes to read on the day theme in the dark, not to mention waking up my husband.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 PM   #62
theinfamousj
Groupie
theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theinfamousj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo (pink back)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diremommy View Post
It's just been in the past few days that I've noticed Moon+ going back a page instead of forward. I had this problem a lot with Aldiko though, which is part of why I switched to Moon +.

Has anyone else ever had a problem with Moon + pro not working on certain files in the night time theme? It happened to me for the first time a few nights ago, I usually use the blue on black Night theme, but with this particular file, no matter what theme I used, the words wouldn't turn to anything but stayed basic black, making it impossible to see on any of the darker screened themes. Figured it was an isolated thing, read the book on the daytime theme, then switched back on my next book.

And then last night it happened again on another book! And it really hurts my eyes to read on the day theme in the dark, not to mention waking up my husband.
Do you have it set to respect the book's original formatting? The absolute blackness of the text may be set in the original formatting. I have this option turned off for just this - among others such as margins that make no sense for my screen - reason.

It is the CSS option under misc. Checking overrides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1374881906451.jpg
Views:	639
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	108625  
theinfamousj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2013, 10:05 PM   #63
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousj View Post
Do you have it set to respect the book's original formatting? The absolute blackness of the text may be set in the original formatting. I have this option turned off for just this - among others such as margins that make no sense for my screen - reason.

It is the CSS option under misc. Checking overrides.

Oh that fixed it, thank you!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 PM   #64
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
How do you have your page turn options set? The way I have mine page down is tapping on the right side of the screen and also tapping on the bottom middle. If you go to Control Options, there's a settings button next to Toggle Tap Mode where you can change that.
My settings are like yours. I wanted to turn off the bottom middle and top middle taps but that seems to be fixed in Moon.

Thanks,

CL
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #65
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by clittle View Post
My settings are like yours. I wanted to turn off the bottom middle and top middle taps but that seems to be fixed in Moon.

Thanks,

CL
You can change it. If you go to the settings menu next to Toggle Tap Mode, it looks like the last choice there should do what you want.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #66
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
You can change it. If you go to the settings menu next to Toggle Tap Mode, it looks like the last choice there should do what you want.
OIC. Thanks.

I had already done that but didn't realize that was why the top and bottom tap settings were greyed out.

So my settings are simply tap left = page back; tap right = page ahead.

But I still have the same issue. Tap right occasionally does a page back instead of a page ahead.

It seems rather odd and is a bit annoying.

Thanks,

CL
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #67
diremommy
Zealot

Well, I've switched to using Calibre companion to open my books, but I' still having the same problem with the titles showing up funny. Sometimes, it just has dashes between words, but others the title is just total gibberish, a bunch of letters and symbols, but everything shows up right in Calibre and in CC.

I'm connecting to content server and pulling books in that way, does it work differently connecting as a wireless device?
Old 08-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #68
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Well, I've switched to using Calibre companion to open my books, but I' still having the same problem with the titles showing up funny. Sometimes, it just has dashes between words, but others the title is just total gibberish, a bunch of letters and symbols, but everything shows up right in Calibre and in CC.
If it shows up right in calibre and in CC where is it showing up wrong? If I were you I would delete the books that seem to have bad titles on my device and re-download them.

Update: Using CC will not change the items you imported into Moon+. Also using CC means you no longer need to import anything into Moon+.

Quote:
I'm connecting to content server and pulling books in that way, does it work differently connecting as a wireless device?
If you are using ePubs then the end results are the same with either method. Although I don't think PDF books get their metadata (title, author) updated via the content server.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 08-10-2013 at 12:27 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #69
martybess
martybess began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Nexus 10
Control Bar

Is there a way to set the "Control Bar" that initiates itself when you double tap the center of the page to always show? It always auto hides itself and I thought at one time there was an option for it to stay on.

Start,
Marty
martybess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 AM   #70
Lanix
Lanix began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is Moon+ a broken app? It seemed like a professional app, not an app full of bugs. Did I just waste my money?

Series tags work sometimes.
Covers (original in the EPUB) work sometimes.

E.g.
  • I've 13 Wheel of Times books in Calibre. Only four books appear under the Wheel of Time series. All books are tagged correctly in Calbire with "The Wheel of Time" series and with number 1-13. When I check the books under author all of the missing books don't have the "The Wheel of Time" and number tag. http://i41.tinypic.com/svid0k.png
  • I've four books in the "Star Force Series". 3/4 books correctly show up under "Star Force Series". One book has no series/number "tag". One book has the "Star Force Series" tag but not the number. http://i40.tinypic.com/rhnxb4.png

Last edited by Lanix; 09-03-2013 at 03:35 AM.
Lanix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:30 AM   #71
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanix View Post
Is Moon+ a broken app? Did I just waste my money?

Series tags work sometimes.
Covers (original in the EPUB) work sometimes.

E.g.
  • I've 13 Wheel of Times books in Calibre. Only four books appear under the Wheel of Time series. All books are tagged correctly in Calbire with "The Wheel of Time" series and with number 1-14. When I check the books under author all of the missing books don't have the "The Wheel of Time" and number tag.
  • I've four books in the "Star Force Series". 3/4 books correctly show up under "Star Force Series". One book has no series/number "tag". One book has the "Star Force Series" tag but not the number.
The app works fine. This sounds like a calibre use issue to me. How are you transferring the books to your device?
Old 09-03-2013, 03:40 AM   #72
Lanix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The app works fine. This sounds like a calibre use issue to me. How are you transferring the books to your device?
But how can it be a Calibre issue? They are all tagged the same way. Still Moon+ decides to just read some of the tags or none at all. Same thing with the original covers.

I use "Send to device" which sends it to the SD card (Book folder) I then import them in Moon+.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:42 AM   #73
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
But how can it be a Calibre issue? They are all tagged the same way. Still Moon+ decides to just read some of the tags or none at all. Same thing with the original covers.

I use "Send to device" which sends it to the SD card (Book folder) I then import them in Moon+.
It could have been a Calibre use issue if you were not using Send to device. The next most likely culprit is the format of the book, are they all ePubs?
Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 AM   #74
Lanix

Yep. All are EPUBs. I also see a book getting the genre tag "FIC31000" even though it doesn't have any tag at all.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #75
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Yep. All are EPUBs. I also see a book getting the genre tag "FIC31000" even though it doesn't have any tag at all.
If it shows a tag of FIC3100 then that tag is in the book's metadata. All the issues you describe are consistent with using a file manager to to move the books to your device. But you said you don't do that and properly use the Send to device feature. You could try using the Modify ePub plugin to update the metadata of the books in calibre before sending the books. Then delete the books from your device and send the series over again.

What kind of device is it?