Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-13-2016, 02:09 PM   #31
wiedster
wiedster began at the beginning.

Device: Energy Reader Pro HD
Ok, wiedster here reporting back. after 2 weeks i got my reade back. looks like it was replaced by a new one. no shipping costs whatsoever. so i can give a goid verdict regarding the service. i like the reader a lot. it remains to be seen wether it is reliable enough.
wiedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #32
CatMando
CatMando began at the beginning.

Device: none
using e reader with keyboard

Hi. I am new to this forum. Have been trying to find information on which ink e-readers can be used with keyboard and found this thread about the Energy Pro HD...looks like a great e-reader...but seems to be a lot of confusion about whether it has OTG function. Amazon specs say it has but I emailed the company and they said no. Can anyone tell me if they have tried it with OTG and a keyboard? Was thinking I could use with bluetooth dongle and keyboard or keyboard directly. Would be great to have a massive collection of books and be able to write letters on a device that dosnt fry my eyes with its screen. Otherwise have read that it is possible to root a Nook Touch and use with keyboard...but I am new to all of this and not tech savvy so any advice appreciated. Thanks
CatMando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:09 PM   #33
SteveAdams
SteveAdams began at the beginning.

Device: energy sistem ereader pro hd (awaiting delivery)
Iv ordered this model for myself it looks like a good one! I have made a thread asking a few questions if anyone might be able to help out https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275771
SteveAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:04 PM   #34
CatMando

Well, still not much info on the Energy Pro, looks like it ticks all the boxes except that magic one: being able to use with external keyboard. Been looking at related threads and this seems to be a function many people would be interested in. So I bought a nook Simple touch second hand and managed to root it (which I was over the moon about as I am rubbish at techy stuff), it worked briefly and brilliantly, although I didnt have a keyboard to test the USB host function, but all the other stuff and then the touchscreen stopped working :-( And now after numerous and difficult recoveries and roots its dead. Oh well. Think im gonna save up for a Onyx or Paperwhite (can you buy them in uk???) with bluetooth. Too scared to try another root
Old 07-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #35
CatMando

Thanks for the reply :-)
Old 07-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #36
mia123
mia123 began at the beginning.

onyx c67ml doesn't support otg at all, I have tried with all sorts of devices. probably a kernel thing. sorry if my reply is too late. I think actually boyue does though...
mia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:13 PM   #37
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundter View Post
I had this device for all of 2 weeks, dropped it whilst trying to slide it into my cargo pants pocket and the screen cracked. Okay so maybe dropping an eReader is a bad idea, but my cargo pants pocket was only 40cm off the ground, and the eReader was in the company specified protective case. Doesn't this make it one of the most fragile eReaders known to man?
On the other hand, before I had even acquired a case for mine, I dropped it on to a wooden floor from about 10 feet (entirely due to my stupidity). The back came off. I feared the worse. I clipped the back in to place and, apart from a slight crack on the screen edge, it exhibited no other after effects.

I guess fortune/misfortune plays a major part in whether an ereader of any make survives a fall.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:28 AM   #38
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundter View Post
And now, reeeaaaally surprisingly 90 minutes after I post my story about this piece of refuse in question, some random individual (you ChurchMouse) now states that their energy pro hd survives a fall of 10 feet !?!?!? Out of curiosity, did this fiction come from your own mind or are you employed by Energy Sistem and paid to lie?
Here, I've attached pictures of this piece of junk.
Yours broke, mine didn't. I guess I was lucky. I don't see the need for the unpleasant response.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #39
church mouse
Evangelist

@thundter - I am replying to your last post simply because I do not appreciate your unfounded and untrue accusations about me. I have no connection to ES or to any manufacturer, seller, or supplier of ereaders, or anything else for that matter.

I am sorry your experience of ES seems to have been so unsatisfactory for you. I can understand your upset at your ereader breaking within days of you buying it.

At no point did I "attempt to refute" your story. You dropped your reader and it broke - fully accepted. I bought a Pro HD a year or more ago. I dropped it within days but was lucky because it did not break, unlike yours. To date, the only reader I have been unfortunate enough to break is my original Sony, some 7 years or more ago.

I no longer use my Pro HD as I use a Pocketbook Touch HD, which I think is a better reader - though whether it is any tougher than the Pro HD I cannot say as I have so far avoided dropping it.

I think we have now bored ourselves and everyone else enough on this.