Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
chark
chark began at the beginning.

Device: aluratek
Aluratek

Hi everyone.
I just received an aluretek ereader.My aunt gave it to me.It says the firmware version is 18.Should I update it and if so where would I get this,I went to the aluratek website and its not evan listed anymore.thank you
chark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
It looks to me like they only got to version 20, so you might just leave the firmware as it is and see if it meets your needs. Mine is on 20i and patch20.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:24 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It looks to me like they only got to version 20, so you might just leave the firmware as it is and see if it meets your needs. Mine is on 20i and patch20.
There's an Aluratek on Shop Goodwill, that I was considering so I could compare it to the jetBook, but I can't find any firmware updates for it and I'm guessing it won't use the Ectaco jetBook software?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 12:57 PM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
There's an Aluratek on Shop Goodwill, that I was considering so I could compare it to the jetBook, but I can't find any firmware updates for it and I'm guessing it won't use the Ectaco jetBook software?
As I remember it, there were those who swapped the firmware. You would have to search the forum here.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:55 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
As I remember it, there were those who swapped the firmware. You would have to search the forum here.
I have done some searching. It looks like you had to switch to the Chinese software, then (maybe) it would work to flash to the Ectaco firmware — "but, be careful." Since there doesn't seem to be any shortage of jetBooks, I think it would probably make more sense to stick with them – since I know the "newest" software is still available for them.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote