Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2023, 12:47 AM   #1
Iwfcyb
Iwfcyb began at the beginning.

Device: Aireader
AIReader "Skins" (page backgrounds)

Does anyone know if there's any "skins" (page backgrounds) out there that you can add to the small few that are included with the app? Loving this e-reader and I'm thinking it's going to be the one I use going forward, my only gripe is the stock backgrounds are terrible, and all the tweaking of colors for it doesn't help much. Even CoolReader has far superior options (I included a screen shot of a few of the CoolReader app as I'm trying to find a skin for AIReader that's similar to the one at the top).

Not sure if this is even doable, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230204_214033_Cool Reader.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	199465  
Iwfcyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 06:10 PM   #2
Zerubel
Customization Addict
Zerubel began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
I use AlreaderX (same developer), which may have a slightly different process to yours, but what I did was create wallpapers using an art app and save them to the folder where AlreaderX stores the page backgrounds. It took some trial and error with adjusting the colors to suit my preference, but making the edits myself meant that I could use whatever textures I wanted (such as old paper or marble) and a larger resolution.

Personally, I'm sensitive to blue light but "dark mode" skins (light text on a dark background) hurts my eyes more, so my current skin is a paper texture colored a faint pink, with dark red almost black font. Before that I preferred pale mint green, but it aggravated the blue light sensitivity too much.

Instructions:

For Alreaderx, use a file manager to go to your main storage > AlreaderX > Skins and save the image you want to use to this folder. all the images are in there and it doesn't not matter what the file name is (but png format should probably be used.)

for Alreader, use a file manager to go to your main storage > Alreader, and you will see each skin has its own subfolder, labeled things like "OldPaper_Light.skin". You will want to use this naming schema to create a folder(s) for your image(s), one per each background, and save the image in this folder. You will need to rename the image to "mozaic.png" for it to work in the reader. So for example, my_fancy_page.skin as the folder name, with mozaic.png.

If you decide to do your own edits and want textures that simulate that "old paper" feel, I highly recommend looking at stock image textures for canvas or marble!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MintPage_texture.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	202196   Click image for larger version

Name:	pink_marble_light.png
Views:	61
Size:	879.0 KB
ID:	202197  
Zerubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert