Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-09-2023, 04:07 PM   #1
Matej B
Matej B began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook (632) Touch HD 3
All notes have disappeared from Touch HD 3!

I have fininshed anotating for my upcoming essay only to find out that I cannot export my notes. When I open the notes application, it says I do not have any notes. I think this issue could be related to the last update, as I have not needed this feature since then, but I am not sure.

Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? Is there a way of reverting to an older firmware (6.6 or lower) to save my notes?
Matej B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 12:05 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej B View Post
Has anyone else ever experienced this issue? Is there a way of reverting to an older firmware (6.6 or lower) to save my notes?
I haven't used the notes feature, so I didn't notice. But you can revert to an earlier version of the firmware. Go to PocketBook support and search for the HD 3. You'll see all the earlier versions of the software. Download the one you want, probably 6.5.2919, unzip the download and copy the two files to the root directory of your HD 3. Completely turn off the HD 3 (long press on the power button). Then, before hitting the power switch hold (and keep holding) the forward and backward buttons (two middle ones). Keep holding them until "firmware update" shows on the screen.

Here is YouTube instruction video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEjrJK4TBo4
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 05:19 AM   #3
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Just googled it for you:
https://github.com/pascalschamber/Po...note_extractor
or (not sure with this):
https://github.com/kaf64/pocketbookNotes

not to forget this from this forum:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4202144

Last edited by nhedgehog; 04-10-2023 at 05:21 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 11:26 AM   #4
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej B View Post
I have fininshed anotating for my upcoming essay only to find out that I cannot export my notes. When I open the notes application, it says I do not have any notes. I think this issue could be related to the last update, as I have not needed this feature since then, but I am not sure.

It's possible the upgrade switched the annotation DB from the default /system/books.db, to a 'profile' one like /system/profiles/default/books.db. Or created a new user profile. That would be the best case.

The PB settings have an option to switch profiles, but if these aren't activated yet, it's best to leave this setting. (and better: backup any books.db files in advance)

The tool in nhedgehog 3rd link can list the available annotations dbs and switch between them.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2023, 01:38 PM   #5
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
By chance something similar occurred, after removing, turning on, and re-inserting the external SD card (Lux 5 only). This is with firmware 6.7.x

All config settings were reset, and no annotations in the Notes app.

Solving it required switching back to the 'default' profile in the settings menu. So somehow it switched to the card profile for both settings+annotations. Weird.

Also card profiles appear to be hidden in the profile listing.
wold is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pocketbook touch hd 3