Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 04:33 AM   #1
ThatBookGuy
ThatBookGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 1 + 3
Inkpad 3: Problems with Fonts

Hello everybody,

I have an Inkpad 3 with latest firmware and would like to use some fonts of my own. Basically, I want to continue using the fonts from my Inkpad 1 with my Inkpad 3.

So, I just copied the fonts from my old devices "font"-directory into the new devices directory. But I cannot use the fonts: Every time I call the font menu in the standard reader application, the reader application crashes and I find myself on the devices homescreen.
As soon as I clear all files from the Inkpad 3 font directory, everything works fine. But I don't like Pocketbooks preinstalled fonts.

Just for clarity: Those fonts are public domain and they work fine with inkpad 1; so I don't think the problem is a faulty or restricted font file.

Anyone else with this problem?
ThatBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 06:01 AM   #2
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Did you update the firmware? I'm thinking whether I should update the firmware on Touch HD or not...
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
New fonts go to /.system/fonts. This works without problems before and after updating the firmware. No problem here. So what fonts are you using? I am willing to do some testing
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #4
ThatBookGuy
ThatBookGuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 1 + 3
OK,
very strange but it kinda worked.
Copied just one font from the old InkPad, and this font works on the new reader. So, there is either a corrupt font that doesn't worry the old InkPad or one of these fonts gets corrupted while being copied.

The odd thing is: All fonts are shown in the reader software, but every time I choose another font it still uses the default font. No error, but also no new font.

Last edited by ThatBookGuy; 05-19-2018 at 07:30 PM.
ThatBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote