Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I go one step further. I rip the movies to my HDs to keep fingerprints off the discs (one family member in particular is a complete slob when it comes to handling discs), and then we can stream the movies to any TV in the house. And those rips are also backed up, plus having the original Blu-Ray in a safe spot as well as the digital copy, usually on Vudu. Doing that is especially good for when the internet is down for hours.
Lol, I do that, too. In fact, the only time the actual discs are handled is when I rip them. Otherwise, family members just watch via Plex, Netflix, Vudu, Amazon or iTunes.

Alas, I can be somewhat lax when it comes to ripping new BD (although we do have a pretty decent selection of ripped movies already). Need to replace the 20TB server though. It seems amazing we have 10TB HDDs now.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:43 AM   #17
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
I go one step further. I rip the movies to my HDs to keep fingerprints off the discs (one family member in particular is a complete slob when it comes to handling discs), and then we can stream the movies to any TV in the house. And those rips are also backed up, plus having the original Blu-Ray in a safe spot as well as the digital copy, usually on Vudu. Doing that is especially good for when the internet is down for hours.
I'd love to know what external drive you use, (if you use one) and what app to stream with. I've used DVD Catalyst before to rip a movie from a DVD, but never went any further with it. Any web sites you can recommend?
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2018, 12:54 PM   #18
Ilie Popa
Ilie Popa began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I have a lot of books from Kobo that they no longer sell, or now sell a different edition. And I can download every single one of them. In fact, the book I am currently reading is one of them. It was withdrawn from sale some time last year because the author changed publisher, and I downloaded it to my Aura H2O this week to read and later to the Kobo app on my phone. And checking now, I can still directly download the epub version.

Have you looked for the book in the library on the Kobo site? If so, you should be able to download the epub version and keep that.
Maybe my issue is just the Kobo reader app from Apple store.
On my both Ipad's (one 6 years old, and one bought this year) I have only the read option and no download for this book (all other books that I have I can download - or at least I have a download button - that I have no idea what is doing because I have no idea where it's getting downloaded - maybe in the cloud...) but when it's opening on my new Ipad the book it's empty.
Ilie Popa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:47 AM   #19
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I'd love to know what external drive you use, (if you use one) and what app to stream with. I've used DVD Catalyst before to rip a movie from a DVD, but never went any further with it. Any web sites you can recommend?
I usually have 2 PCs running with 4TB drives each, so there's some movies on those (my favorites, that I like to rewatch). And I have a MediaSonic 4-drive box with 2-4TB and 2-2TB drives (eventually will end up being 4-4TB drives) connected to the main PC, and that's filled with movies and photos and other backups. It's not a NAS, it works just like a regular external drive, just allows 4 drives in it and they all can stream to the TVs.

On the PCs I have Serviio running as my DLNA server, and that streams the content directly to the smart TVs or to the Sony Blu-Ray players hooked up to each TV. The smart TVs and the Sony players are all wi-fi capable and connect perfectly to Serviio to play any content from any of the drives or any PC connected to my network. Some people prefer Plex as their DLNA server (I personally hate Plex with a passion), but you should check it out in case you prefer it.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:36 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Half my Kobo library is no longer for sale but I can still download every one of them.

As someone already said check your library even if there is no page selling the book it should be there in your library.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kobo