Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
mahal48
Connoisseur
mahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kobo Glo, Nexus 7(2013)
Calibre Companion and Android

I have been using Calibre with a Kobo Glo for some time now. Just bought a Nexus 7(2013) and tried to use Calibre Companion with it. Apk downloads and install OK. However, when I run Calibre Companion on my Nexus 7, I get an error message, "Unfortunately Calibre Companion has stopped". I have tried reinstalling, redownloading, restarting, cleaning cache etc on my Nexus 7 without any success.

Anyone have any suggestions for trying to get it to work?

Forgot to say, Nexus 7 is running latest KitKat.

Last edited by mahal48; 12-29-2013 at 01:52 PM.
mahal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
What version of CC are you using? My guess is a version before 3.2.4.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I too use a Nexus 7 (2013) with Kit Kat version 4.4.2 and it currently works great. My version of CC is 3.2.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahal48 View Post
Apk downloads and install OK.
From which site did you download the APK?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-29-2013 at 10:16 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
mahal48
Connoisseur
mahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic somethingmahal48 has a certain pleonastic something

Problem solved. Found another couple of apps that were misbehaving after updating to Kit Kat 4.4.2. They were behaving the same way. So went and did a factory reset on my Nexus 7(2013). Everything working as advertised now. I was just wondering if I had missed something.
I usually carry out a factory reset on my Android devices after a major upgrade. Was just being lazy.
Thanks guys.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahal48 View Post
Problem solved.
Glad to hear everything is working.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
mahal48
Connoisseur

I am glad that all it took was a factory reset. Having grown up on DOS then Windows, reformating hard drives and reinstalling the OS was always a pain. Seems so much easier on Android.
Anyone have any hints/shortcuts for making CC easier to use?
Old 05-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #7
Joltin
Joltin began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab 4
I have not downloaded any version yet. I wanted to find out if I can use it to read books wirelessly before I do.
Joltin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joltin View Post
I have not downloaded any version yet. I wanted to find out if I can use it to read books wirelessly before I do.
No
CC is a book manger for your device that integrates with Calibre on you PC.
It transfers selected titles (files) TO the local storage. It is not for streamed content.

You still need to be able to establish a LOCAL a WiFi connection between you device and your PC

Then you need a reader app like Moon+ to read the book
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote