Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #1
kaibob
Connoisseur
kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.kaibob once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Kindle Voyage wifi with special offers $149.99

The Kindle Voyage with special offers and wifi only is available on Amazon for $149.99. Is this old news?

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle...=kindle+voyage
kaibob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:13 AM   #2
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
The Kindle Voyage with special offers and wifi only is available on Amazon for $149.99. Is this old news?

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Kindle...=kindle+voyage
It was news to me when I read about it today.

I urge folks considering buying it to look very carefully at the ratings. The average rating was okay, but there were an unusually high amount of "1's." There were some big complaints by them about Voyage.

You may find more discussion about it in the "E-readers" forum.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-19-2018 at 02:24 AM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Amazon told me that this doesn't mean anything

"What I can tell you is that we occasionally lower the price of Kindle devices for a limited time. We haven’t changed the list price of any of our Kindle devices."
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:13 AM   #4
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
It was news to me when I read about it today.

I urge folks considering buying it to look very carefully at the ratings. The average rating was okay, but there were an unusually high amount of "1's." There were some big complaints by them about Voyage.

You may find more discussion about it in the "E-readers" forum.
Well my personal rating is five stars and that's all that counts. My Voyage is 3 1/2 years old and still going strong.

Curiously when I checked to see just how old my Voyage was, and clicked the product details it didn't tell me "you purchased this on...". Tricksy Amazon!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:19 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
But you could find it in your past Orders, to re-learn the purchase date.
edit: My mom is quite happy with her Voyage, and I loved mine too. Then I bought the Oasis 1 and don't use the Voyage, but it's still my next in line backup device!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #6
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
To buy or not to buy, that is the question!
I actually bought a Paperwhite a few weeks ago, but really missed buttons. I have a bad thumb, it makes my thumb joint hurt to move it over and over to page turn. I gave it to my granddaughter. She likes it a lot.
So I am back to my K4ntb. I love the button design on it. I can hold it in one hand, either hand, and never have to move my thumb. Just a slight press and it turns a page.
Here are my questions: How are the Voyage buttons to use vs. the K4nt? Can I keep my thumb resting on the button? And the real question, any chance we will be seeing a new Voyage any time in the future with real physical buttons again?
I hate making decisions...
S
Or, do i go buy the new Nook? Another choice, and real buttons. But if B&N goes out of business that's it for support!

Last edited by silverraven; 06-19-2018 at 06:30 PM.
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
But you could find it in your past Orders, to re-learn the purchase date.
edit: My mom is quite happy with her Voyage, and I loved mine too. Then I bought the Oasis 1 and don't use the Voyage, but it's still my next in line backup device!
Same here. I thought that I'd finally found my last (e.g., best ever) eReader....then the 7" Oasis came out with real buttons. Sigh. I'm an eReader slut.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #8
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Here are my questions: How are the Voyage buttons to use vs. the K4nt? Can I keep my thumb resting on the button? And the real question, any chance we will be seeing a new Voyage any time in the future with real physical buttons again?
I haven't used a K4nt and can't see the future but I can comment about the second question - I leave my thumb on the "button" all the time when reading. Then just a slight squeeze and the page turns. I leave the activation pressure at medium and don't get any phantom page turns when doing this. I might be able to turn down the pressure but I don't recall ever trying. It's comfortable the way it is.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #9
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
To buy or not to buy, that is the question!
I actually bought a Paperwhite a few weeks ago, but really missed buttons. I have a bad thumb, it makes my thumb joint hurt to move it over and over to page turn. I gave it to my granddaughter. She likes it a lot.
So I am back to my K4ntb. I love the button design on it. I can hold it in one hand, either hand, and never have to move my thumb. Just a slight press and it turns a page.
I hate making decisions...
S
Or, do i go buy the new Nook? Another choice, and real buttons. But if B&N goes out of business that's it for support!
I would definitely go with the Voyage. B&N has stopped supporting older devices even to register. I have both the Voyage and Oasis 2, I like buttons but the same amount of pressure works on my Voyage sensors. I can turn pages with one hand on both. I actually prefer my Voyage still. I hope they continue to make them. The $150 is a good deal. If they discontinue the Voyage I'll get a spare one. I like the size and shape, if they improved it , I would like to see water proofing and maybe real buttons. Although the sensors are fine for me too. They did take some getting used to, but now I just use the bottom part of my thumb to press the sensors on the Voyage and the buttons on the Oasis. Same amount of pressure without moving my thumb too much. It works for me.

Last edited by Wearever; 06-20-2018 at 11:45 AM.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:04 PM   #10
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thanks everyone. I ordered one!! So everyone stand by, two weeks from now a new Voyage will be released!!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #11
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I ordered one!! So everyone stand by, two weeks from now a new Voyage will be released!!
S

Lol , well you never know what Amazon will come up with next.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote