Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 09:14 AM   #46
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Did you manage to root the new update? RootMaster nor KingRoot works.
No, I didn't.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #47
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkis View Post
I remeber seen instructions how to get PlayStore installed, but can not find it now

EDIT, solved it by installing Nova Launcher.
I thought it came with the Play Store installed. Did the update change that?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #48
pokkis
pokkis began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Likebook
I did not had it after update
pokkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #49
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkis View Post
I did not had it after update
But you had it before?
Old 06-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #50
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Habe you finally managed to update your device?
No.

I think the usb port is well and truly dead (physically) as it will not charge either. Shaved a spare cable down so that there was no question as to the metal plug being fully in place. I always felt that port was one of the weakest design elements of the unit in terms of both fit and stability. I have contacted the company via their Help site and it will be interesting to see how long it takes them to respond.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #51
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
But you had it before?
I had Play Store before and after.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:26 PM   #52
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
I had Play Store before and after.
Thanks. I wouldn't think an update would be released that would remove it.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:20 AM   #53
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:
No, I didn't.
Has anyone managed to re-root after the new update? Between that and the hidden Play Store, I wonder if the update is worth it
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:12 AM   #54
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Should be easy to revert... I downloaded the previous update.

I don't use the new stock interface, Boyue OS, but I noticed that it didn't find all the books I have on the device. I put a copy of all the books (around 4K) in the Books-folder, and only around 300 were listed. All without cover. Could be a problem with some book, but RelaunchX and Librera finds and lists all books.

So I'll likely revert after some more testing.

Last edited by Adoby; 06-20-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:20 AM   #55
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
I don't use the new stock interface, Boyue OS, but I noticed that it didn't find all the books I have on the device. I put a copy of all the books (around 4K) in the Books-folder, and only around 300 were listed. All without cover. Could be a problem with some book, but RelaunchX and Librera finds and lists all books.

I use RelaunchX too. The touch screen response seems markedly improved with this update. So I'll stick with this update. I'm not even sure if I'm going to image it to an earlier version using RK Batch Tool to be able to bring it back to this version and root the device again.

There were only two things I wanted by rooting the device, one was to edit the power off screen, which I already did. The other was to set volume, task switching and screensaver to easy button access. The volume control is now part of the drop down. I installed Button Savior (non root) which has both task switching and volume control at the easy access. Screensaver button I can do without.

For now I'll stick with it and see if anything pops up.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-20-2018 at 10:26 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #56
colibris79
Zealot
colibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheesecolibris79 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony T1, Onyx C67ML, Poke 4, Boyue Paper/Likebook
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post

For now I'll stick with it and see if anything pops up.

Thanks guys for your posts (let's see if anyone can find a way to re-root it). And also @fernsruben for all the good work
colibris79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:09 PM   #57
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Due to my fully dead usb port, I will ask the following (being reasonably certain of a negative answer): Can the Illumina be remotely charged? I have sent a full RMA request since my original query of four days ago to Icarus has gone unanswered. I do not want to send this back to Eurpoe for repair if at all possible but it should still be under warranty. Switching to the Likebook software has had nothing to do with the physical death of the port! Will post this in the Illumina forum also.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:26 PM   #58
PharaohsVizier
Connoisseur
PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PharaohsVizier ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle DXG, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The touch screen response seems markedly improved with this update. So I'll stick with this update.
Do you mean overall throughout the device or just the launcher?
PharaohsVizier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:18 PM   #59
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsVizier View Post
Do you mean overall throughout the device or just the launcher?
Overall throughout the device. I use RelaunchX as my launcher and opening books never misses a touch now and inside Moon + Reader Pro swiping to increase or decrease either the font size or brightness is great now. Of course this might be due to a number of factors, such as doing a factory reset on the device after upgrading or some sort of placebo effect and it is all in my head.

Whatever the reason I like the results compared to how it reacted before. I'll have to see if this lasts or is just a short lived anomaly.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:19 PM   #60
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Due to my fully dead usb port, I will ask the following (being reasonably certain of a negative answer): Can the Illumina be remotely charged?
I doubt it. Since it should be under warranty hopefully the RMA process is successful. But in the future, if worse comes to worse, there are always DYI fixes, here is one example. Here is a 2nd example.