Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #1
f.ubuntu
f.ubuntu began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox note
Wearing out time of tips in the stylus of DPT RP1

Well, to be frank, I have not seen a specific review or article about the durability of stylus tips. How long usually take for each tip to wear out? and for how much work and writing?
f.ubuntu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:03 AM   #2
Dutchbook
Zealot
Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dutchbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-RP1
I'm over 9 months in, and halfway through, my first tip.

I only use the device for annotations and notes that have a short lifespan though (my contribution to paper waste). I'm keeping a paper notepad for more important writing (work/study) with it to spare the tips as much as possible. People have reported that they go through a tip within a month when they use the device as a full-on paper replacement, which I 100% believe can be the case.
Dutchbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #3
Eksalis
Eksalis began at the beginning.

Device: DPT-RP1
They last me about 6 months. I take notes a couple of times a week.
Eksalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 03:54 AM   #4
EmilThelonius
Enthusiast
EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.EmilThelonius knows who John Galt is.

Device: Sony DPT-RP1 and Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 and Basic
Does anyone know if there is an alternative stylus which is possible to use with the Sony device? Does a Wacom-Pen work for writing?

Actually the wearing down of the tips is the only thing that puts me of this device. I live in Germany and it would be very expensive to get new tips every year (even more so, if Sony discontinues the DPT, as they did with their old ereaders). (I actually would be a heavy user because what I do for living is reading PDFs and annotating them a few hours every day.)
EmilThelonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:29 PM   #5
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
I don't think any other pen works. I tried various wacom, from samsung and windows, and none work.

My theory is that the reason the nib is so soft is that the screen has a no-glare coating, and a harder nib would scratch it. The remarkable also has such a coating and a soft nib.

Which of course doesn't mean that Sony couldn't have designed the pen better - such that the nib doesn't break so easily when the pen is dropped, and that if it does break, you can easily get it out.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert