Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
ShaunBlake
ShaunBlake began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 6P; Nexus 7; Windows 10
Question newb mired in Search results

I haven't even started using CC and already am in trubble... is my license automatically revoked? <sigh>

I've got my library in CC, and performed a search (author's name) which returned only one book and it wasn't what I wanted so I tried other criteria. However, I can't figure out how to clear the previous search or point search to the entire library: all searches now are performed only on the first result.

What in the world am I doing wrong? Please advise!
ShaunBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Open the grouping drawer, tap the Search icon, then tap Clear
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #3
ShaunBlake
ShaunBlake began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 6P; Nexus 7; Windows 10
No change. Drill down, click 'Clear', returns to grouping drawer. Click 'Search' again, last search criteria ("authors:Lister") remains but the last result returned (Renee Pawlish's "Reed Ferguson" set, found by searching on "Reed") is the only book in the group.

Note: removed and reinstalled app, now it's not stuck with the previous search.

Last edited by ShaunBlake; 05-11-2018 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Additional information
ShaunBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 06:22 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Glad you got it to work.

My guess is that you had tapped on the author in the grouping drawer and didn't remove that selection (grouping).

This first screen capture shows both grouping and searching active.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	163941

This second capture shows a screen with only grouping active. The search has been cleared.

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	187.8 KB
ID:	163942

This last capture shows both grouping and searching cleared.

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	163943
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote