Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #31
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Awesome daffy4u, while I don't have the Kindle this tutorial will be helpful for evaluating future upgrades

=X=
Thanks but it's a team effort. We're getting ready for the flood of new Kindle owners who took advantage of the Oprah discount. There are shipping delays now but they'll be here in a couple of weeks.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #32
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Thanks but it's a team effort. We're getting ready for the flood of new Kindle owners who took advantage of the Oprah discount. There are shipping delays now but they'll be here in a couple of weeks.

I think I asked this before. I don't see it anywhere on the site. Course, I haven't looked.

Is there a way to contribute monetarily? Its got to cost something to run such a site.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #33
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I think I asked this before. I don't see it anywhere on the site. Course, I haven't looked.

Is there a way to contribute monetarily? Its got to cost something to run such a site.
Do you mean contribute to MobileRead or to ME? (please please please let it be me!)

Quote:
MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.
from the bottom of the page.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #34
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Awesome daffy4u, while I don't have the Kindle this tutorial will be helpful for evaluating future upgrades

=X=
Even if you don't have a Kindle the KindleFIX/PID tutorials could be followed to learn how to run pretty much "any" (*cough* mobidedrm *cough*) python script if you just change the script names to the script you want to run.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #35
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Even if you don't have a Kindle the KindleFIX/PID tutorials could be followed to learn how to run pretty much "any" (*cough* mobidedrm *cough*) python script if you just change the script names to the script you want to run.

BOb
yes, just a slightly different command line to add an output book name

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #36
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Okay well great job team, btw who is the team?

Quote:

BOb
Nice
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #37
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Okay well great job team, btw who is the team?

Nice
Leep and pilotbob! I'm more like a parrot on this job. *They* know what they're doing... I don't... well now I have a better clue after they're hand holding.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #38
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Leep and pilotbob! I'm more like a parrot on this job.
I thought you were more like the duck on this job? Anyway... you have done alot of work too. Don't sell yourself short.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #39
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
I'm surprised no one noticed there was no step 5 on the KindlePID Mac page. Fixed.

BOb
Doesn't that fall under Rule #5?

(There is no rule #5, for those of you who don't join in the Lounge madness.)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #40
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
I thought you were more like the duck on this job? Anyway... you have done alot of work too. Don't sell yourself short.

BOb
Duck... parrot... birds of a feather... whatevah!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #41
pestrat
pestrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you

Nice job putting this together. Now I know how to do it!
Many thanks!
pestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #42
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

The Mobi2Mobi GUI v016 is available and works both in Vista and XP. I'm working on a Visual Guide page for it as well (though it is so very simple to use).

Thanks Jad (for creating the GUI) and Wallcraft (for a great tweaking suggestion)!

Hey Mods, Can this thread be made a sticky? Right up at the top of the forum where the Amazon title tracking thread is. Thanks.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you sticky it please change the title to "Visual Kindle Guides for KindleFIX, KindlePID, Mobi2Mobi and Mobi2Mobi GUI"

Last edited by daffy4u; 11-13-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #43
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Or: Kindle Visual Guides for Doing Stuff
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #44
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Or: Kindle Visual Guides for Doing Stuff
I'd like a bit more information than that in the title.

Here's one that's a bit shorter: "Visual Kindle Guides for KindlePID, KindleFIX, and Mobi2Mobi"

Still requesting "Sticky" status for this thread.

Last edited by daffy4u; 12-07-2008 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #45
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I just used this as an example for another Python script, but it does not explicitly say how to open a command window (because this is covered in KindlePID). I suggest making the page stand-alone by adding this step.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle visual guide, kindlefix, kindlepid, mobi2mobi, mobi2mobi gui