Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-29-2018, 10:59 AM   #16
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
According to B&N Support you need to have at least 920 MB free and internal storage cannot exceed 2.38 GB of 3.30 GB. Well, after disabling things that I actually use like Chrome and Maps I have 2.21GB used which is less than 2.38. The update still tells me I do not have enough space, even after a fresh reboot.
JeffGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:54 AM   #17
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
I downloaded another app and moved it to the SD Card (formatted as internal storage) and had less than 1 gig available.

I went through my apps to see what I could do and just for the heck of it I clicked on the Nook app and to my surprise I was able to move that to the SD Card. I now show 1.56 gig of 3.21 gig of internal storage available!
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:37 AM   #18
Mrees
Mrees began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet 7"
I had the same space issue and stumbled upon the solution to move the Nook app to the SD card. That worked until the app disappeared after a reboot. Did that twice again when I tried to reinstall. Now the option to move it to the SD card is gone although the version of the app is still the same. (4.9.1.15)

I disabled Google maps and a couple of other non-moveable Google apps. It freed up the space.

Google and Barnes & Noble should just allow their apps to be moved to the SD card.

Mike.
Mrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #19
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes that happened to me. I installed the nook app from the play store and when I rebooted it disappeared also. I reinstalled it from the play store and have not rebooted. While this disappears on reboot you should be able to install any updates. I have a feeling if you install a new update the stock nook app will reappear.

It was easy enough to reinstall the nook app from the play store and all my side loaded books were still there, though they did not show up in my library until I opened it.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:21 PM   #20
josher102
josher102 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 7" bntv450
Hi MusicMan and others, can you tell me the steps to move an app to the SD card?
I have formatted the SD card as internal storage. I've used the Migrate Data feature to move data to the SD card. I know, with some apps, there are settings which control where they download data, and you can set them to save to the SD card. Is there also a way to actually move some apps (like the Nook app) to the SD card?
Thanks..
josher102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:20 AM   #21
Musicman
Evangelist

Hi Josher102... I went into the settings option Then:

1. Select Storage & USB
2. Select Internal Storage
3. Select Apps
4. Select the app listed
5. Then Select Change under Storage Used to see if you can move it to the SD Card.

When I selected the Nook App it allowed me to move it to the SD Card. When I did and rebooted the Nook app disappeared. I reinstalled it and moved it again to the SD Card. Since then I shut off my nook and turned it back on and the app was still there.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #22
josher102
josher102 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 7" bntv450
Thanks, Musicman! I will try it!
josher102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:01 PM   #23
Jim.ray
Jim.ray began at the beginning.

Device: Nook bntv450
I was able to free up enough internal storage by simply disabling apps then answering the question the question "Do you want to replace this app with the factory version?" with "ok". After doing this with several apps I was able to free up enough internal memory to perform upgrades. The apps could be restarted before or after the upgrade but they were reset to the factory default settings.
Jim.ray is offline   Reply With Quote