Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 06-18-2018, 01:43 AM   #1
trank1955
trank1955 began at the beginning.

Device: LG G4 - Aldiko
Error in book listing

Connection to a content-server (Calibre on Raspberry)

Sort for Author

Letter "S" - - - > 229 authors

Author "Unknown" - - - > 113 titols

ERROR the application has stopped

With other authors with less books no errors

Yesterday I sent the log of the error.
Please le me know what's wrong.
I can give You other info if necessary
Thank You
Stefano - Italy
trank1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 05:10 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trank1955 View Post
Yesterday I sent the log of the error.
Please le me know what's wrong.
I can give You other info if necessary
Thank You
Stefano - Italy
I didn't receive a log. The last one I received was on the 16/6 from someone who speaks Portuguese, and there weren't any errors in that log. Try sending it again.
Quote:
Connection to a content-server (Calibre on Raspberry)
What version of calibre are you running, and where did you get it? Calibre is not officially supported on a Raspberry Pi.
Quote:
Sort for Author

Letter "S" - - - > 229 authors

Author "Unknown" - - - > 113 titols

ERROR the application has stopped

With other authors with less books no errors
Are there any messages in calibre? Did the server have a problem of some kind? It is easy to imagine that a server on a Pi will run out of memory very easily.

You could try changing the calibre OPDS "page size", which is the number of book entries that calibre will send at a time. I assume you are running the server from the command line, so the option is --max-opds-items. I think that the default is 30. You can try increasing it which will make calibre send more info to CC per connection but will cost more memory. You can also try decreasing it to see if the problem is memory on the Pi.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
trank1955
trank1955 began at the beginning.

Device: LG G4 - Aldiko
Thank You for Your kind answer.
On Raspberry (Raspbian) I use the entire version of Calibre not only the server. It run well without problems. The version of Calibre is 2.75.1. From inside Calibre I automatically start the server.
I thought to have sent the error log but it was an automatic function of Android so I sent it to Google...
I don't know how to inquiry the error log of CC. Nor I know how to change calibre OPDS "page size". May be this tricks are too complicated for my low knowings. I hoped the solution should be more simple... I'm sorry because Your app is very pretty. Thanks anyway for your patience.
Stefano
trank1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trank1955 View Post
Thank You for Your kind answer.
On Raspberry (Raspbian) I use the entire version of Calibre not only the server. It run well without problems. The version of Calibre is 2.75.1. From inside Calibre I automatically start the server.
I thought to have sent the error log but it was an automatic function of Android so I sent it to Google...
In CC, go to Settings / Other / Send a debug log to Multipie. If you have a choice, use gmail as your mailer.
Quote:
Nor I know how to change calibre OPDS "page size". May be this tricks are too complicated for my low knowings. I hoped the solution should be more simple... I'm sorry because Your app is very pretty. Thanks anyway for your patience.
Stefano
Calibre V2.75 is very old and I don't remember the exact steps, but I think they are -- in the calibre GUI:
  1. Go to Preferences / Sharing over the net
  2. Scroll down the settings page looking for something like maximum OPDS items per page. Its current value is probably 30.
  3. Set it to a higher or a lower number.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote