Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 01:50 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I've got a bit over 100 clips (plus the example clips).
The ini file you zipped and attached only has the 22 example clips in it.

Is it possible you had multiple instances of Sigil open and were experiencing the issue in question when you copied the file?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #17
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Here's my setup. (Often also without the TOC on the right).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil-screen.png
Views:	131
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	159110  
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #18
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The ini file you zipped and attached only has the 22 example clips in it.

Is it possible you had multiple instances of Sigil open and were experiencing the issue in question when you copied the file?
Oops. That is entirely possible. Just a sec...
Old 09-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #19
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

All right. Super stupid question: Where do I find the file you need? The one I posted really only has the example clips, which kinda makes sense since I found it in the folder Programs > Sigil > examples.

BUT: I searched all Sigil subfolders, and it's the only file of that type I can find. It was last changed sometime last year, I guess when I last updated Sigil. So it can't be the file that has been saving my clips...
Old 09-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #20
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's in your Users slash <You> slash Appdata slash yada yada yada nevermind folder.

From Sigil's Preferences dialog, click the "Open Preferences Location" button in the lower left-hand corner. That should take you directly where you need to be.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-21-2017 at 02:20 PM.
Advert
Old 09-21-2017, 02:24 PM   #21
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

I see.

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip clips-n-searches-2.zip (4.4 KB, 81 views)
Old 09-21-2017, 02:28 PM   #22
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks a bunch.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #23
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Here is my setup. Although half the time I detach the PV pane and have it on a separate monitor. The PV pane was attached as shown when I noticed the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dion.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	159112  
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I think we're back to some kind of disk/file permission/access issue with Qt on Windows. I've still not been able to get it to happen even once. Using the same ini files; the same gui setups on Windows 7; and launching upwards of ten of Sigil instances with existing epubs/empty-new epubs. I've opened the epubs as fast as humanly possible; I've opened them very slowly, and all speeds in between. I've opened them by clicking on the epubs in a file browser and by using calibre's integral "Open With" feature. And Nothing.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:56 PM   #25
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I just got it to happen.

Please don't tell me that everyone who has experienced this issue over the years has neglected to mention that they're using the third-party calibre "Open With" plugin to launch their epubs whenever it happens. Please, please please.

If so, then the fix is simple ... don't do that!!
Old 09-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #26
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Well, thanks for trying!

As I said: for me it isn't really an issue that anyone should waste a lot of time on...
Old 09-21-2017, 03:00 PM   #27
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I just got it to happen.

Please don't tell me that everyone who has experienced this issue over the years has neglected to mention that they're using the third-party calibre "Open With" plugin to launch their epubs whenever it happens. Please, please please.

If so, then the fix is simple ... don't do that!!
??? Why would I use a calibre plugin to open a file in Sigil ???

Sorry, no. I open existing files by double-clicking them, and new instances from the Start menu...
Old 09-21-2017, 03:01 PM   #28
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well, thanks for trying!

As I said: for me it isn't really an issue that anyone should waste a lot of time on...
Please check my previous post. It may have sneaked in while you were composing yours.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:02 PM   #29
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

Yes, we crossposted - again... see above...
Old 09-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Sorry, no. I open existing files by double-clicking them, and new instances from the Start menu...
OK thanks. Back to the drawing-board then. That's the only way I've been able to get the issue to present itself so far.

Quote:
??? Why would I use a calibre plugin to open a file in Sigil ???
Lots of people do/did. You right-click on the book in your calibre Library and select "Open with->Sigil." It's handy (for calibre users). It's also been the bane of my existence when debugging Sigil issues.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-21-2017 at 03:10 PM.