Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
DIY CM10 (Jelly Bean) SDcard for Nook Tablet

Super easy process for making an SDcard with CM10 (Jelly Bean) for Nook Tablet (courtesy of XDA developer Succulent):

http://iamafanof.wordpress.com/2012/...r-nook-tablet/

Just down load the SDcard image file and write it to an SDcard of your choice (Sandisk class 4 is generally best).

Last edited by livramax; 11-19-2012 at 03:11 PM.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Thanks a million!
I got my Tablet Friday, rooted it right away and am pretty happy running stock as long as I can sideload apps. Don't want to experiment too much right now due to not much "play time", but very curious about CM10, so being able to run it from sd to try it out is ideal!
Making the card really couldn't be easier with the ready.made img! Just burn, pop it in the Tablet and you're set!
I thought I justed wanted a quick look, but now that I see how smooth it runs I think I'll do the "increase partition" process as well to make the card even more useful!

THANK YOU!!!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I REALLY recommend anyone wanting a CM10 card to check out the page in the link!
Instructions are excellent to both make the initial card and then how to update it as new builds come along.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
will this work with Nook Color?
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

It's for the Tablet. There are other guides out there for the Color, but Idon't have any links at hand.
Advert
Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CM10 (Jelly Bean) SDcard for Nook Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
will this work with Nook Color?
See this thread for pointers on how to build CM10 SDcard for Nook Color.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
livramax
Addict

Booting NT from SD

I just want to note that many (perhaps even most) NTs, such as mine,
  • will only boot from SD from a power-off state and upon insertion of a powered-USB cable
  • will always boot into stock ROM if powered up via the power button
  • will always reboot into stock ROM (even when tethered with a powered-USB cable)
Old 11-26-2012, 06:15 AM   #8
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

To get both of the ones to boot from sd I must hold down the "n" button for a few seconds when powering up. If I do that I can use the power button.
And it does seem like reboot from sd is a no-go.

This CM10 runs so smooth it's unbelievable! I feel no need at all to flash it internally when it's working so great from sd!
Old 11-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
livramax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
To get both of the ones to boot from sd I must hold down the "n" button for a few seconds when powering up. If I do that I can use the power button.
And it does seem like reboot from sd is a no-go.
I'll give this a try.

With CM7, I used to be able to boot untethered using the tricks posted here and here, but I have not been able to make them work with CM10 SDcard.

-----

I tried holding the N button while powering up, it's no-go.

Last edited by livramax; 11-26-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #10
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
This CM10 runs so smooth it's unbelievable! I feel no need at all to flash it internally when it's working so great from sd!
Everything on mine runs wonderfully as well, except for my Olive Tree Bible program. It's the only one. The pages won't scroll anymore. I drag my finger and a few seconds later I'm at a different spot, usually not where I wanted to be.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #11
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tablet DIY CM10.0 Jellybean SDcard for Nook Tablet Reply to Thread

The downloadable image file works very well at producing a working card but requires manually expanding the DATA1 and SDCARD partitions with Minitool to take full advantage of the all capacity of any card larger than 2GB. I found that setting up the partitions manually and installing CM10 and gapps according to the the instructions you provided me and the information on succulent's website was more satisfying and more flexible. would you post some instructions on how to upgrade the CM10 version on the card as it becomes more stable and bugs are squashed. Thanks for all your help, livramax.
fredlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
livramax
Addict

I've done upgrade both ways: 1) updating the boot.img and (modified) ROM zip files in the 1st partition with their new version, and then reinstalling ROM and gapps; and 2) starting from scratch.

#1 is obviously more convenient as I don't have to restore/reinstall my apps, but sometimes the SDcard fails to boot. With #2 the apps restore process is usually automatically initiated following the Google account info setup, but unfortunately doesn't always completely finish, i.e., it stops before all my apps get restored in which case I have to reinstall the missing apps manually.

Last edited by livramax; 11-27-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
fredlave
Connoisseur
fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredlave ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see that chrmHoffmann has a new CM10 build (cm10-acclaim-0.08.1-full-of-bugs.zip and recovery-0.08.1.img). I would like to try and upgrade an 8GB card currently running cm-10-20121114-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim. My question is: can I add the CM10 0.0.8.1 file and its restore file to the first partition on the card and then use CWM to install them or do I have to change the updater script as I did when I assembled the card? Clean caches? Install a different gapps file?
Old 11-28-2012, 07:52 PM   #14
livramax
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlave View Post
I see that chrmHoffmann has a new CM10 build (cm10-acclaim-0.08.1-full-of-bugs.zip and recovery-0.08.1.img). I would like to try and upgrade an 8GB card currently running cm-10-20121114-UNOFFICIAL-acclaim. My question is: can I add the CM10 0.0.8.1 file and its restore file to the first partition on the card and then use CWM to install them or do I have to change the updater script as I did when I assembled the card? Clean caches? Install a different gapps file?
I have not built the recent CH 0.08.x versions, but the general process is to:
  • replace the ChrisHoffmann ROM's updater-script file, and, if your SDcard has a 4th FAT32 partition, change "auto" to "4" in the line "dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.0/mmc_host/mmc1" of its /system/etc/vold.fstab file
  • install ROM and gapps
  • power off, then power on with powered-USB cable
FWIW, this SDcard build process at the moment also work with two other CM10 ROMs: "CM10 PURE AOSP 4.1.2 JBV05-Hashcode Buildbot (v11/28)" and "SGT7+CM10+Cherry Picks (v11/24)", in case you'd like to sample other CM10 varieties.

Last edited by livramax; 11-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #15
fredlave
Connoisseur

I'll hold off upgrading until my curiosity gets the better of me and then try it. Again, thank you.