Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350
Battery Charging Every Time I Connect

I'm try to set up my Sony Reader. Everytime I plug in the usb cable the reader charges the battery. Is there anyway around this?

Thanks Randy Kadish
randyflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Afaik, I don't think so.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
Scott_T
Groupie
Scott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-booksScott_T has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Sony PRS-300, Sony PRS-500, Reb1100(dead)
nope, thats a good thing for those kinds of batterys anyways
Scott_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
randyflycaster
Zealot
randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.randyflycaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350
I chatted with Sony support and got everything explained. I didn't know how to download books by dragging and dropping.
Thanks,
Randy
randyflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Ah, you didn't realize you could charge the battery and drag-and-drop books at the same time. I had a previous ereader (different make) that would only do one or the other, but not both at the same time.
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
Setting up Your new Sony Reader is only possible plugged out, or charging with an USB-Charger.
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
MRW
MRW began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 600
Hi randy,

everytime you connect the e-book reader to your comp the reader starts charging and if the battery level is on a certain level you will see the USB sign in the middle of the screen. At this time (I use Win XP) you can transfer pdf´s from or to the comp.
All readers (Sony) do this in the same way. Setup of your reader is only possible if the reader is disconnected from the comp
br
Michael
MRW is offline   Reply With Quote