Thanks for your reply !
panazol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #92
NobahdiAtoll
NobahdiAtoll began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickloraine View Post
The plugin is open source, you can change it as you like.
Yeah but I do like to have the original authors blessing.
NobahdiAtoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #93
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
What iOS readers handle this metadata? It seems that ComicRack and ComicBookLover are not currently in the app store. (And I'm new to digital comics.)

I'd prefer something that loads from an html/opds server (COPS), instead of a custom loader and ideally, something free.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:01 PM   #94
s36x
s36x began at the beginning.

Device: MS Surface Pro 4
I know this is an old thread but maybe someone can help me.

I just moved my whole collection (all CBZ with comicvicne metadata) from ComicRack to Calibre. I downloaded this plugin and embedded the data.

For some reason, it only worked on my DC books. For the marvel it said there
calibre, version 3.28.0
Updated Calibre Metadata: Updated calibre metadata for 0 book(s)
The following books had no metadata:
But when I uinzip the comic, the comicinfo.xml file is all there. I unzipped a book that worked and a book that didn't and I see no difference and the were all done the same way (put into CR, Comicvine scraped using the CR script, updated to .cbz with write to file checked)

I can't figure out why these aren't reading. Any ideas?
s36x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #95
Peter Montague
Peter Montague began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Error

I get the following error when running the plugin. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious somewhere. I've confirmed that all the correct data is in the comicinfo.xml file and it does change the name and author info in Calibre when it's run, but that's it. I do have all the columns mapped properly as well. I'm stumped (:

calibre, version 3.48.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'int' object has no attribute 'decode'

calibre 3.48 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-18.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '18.6.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 18.6.0: Thu Apr 25 23:16:27 PDT 2019; root:xnu-4903.261.4~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.15
OSX: ('10.14.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 6, 2) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 4, 0) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 33, in import_to_calibre
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 127, in iterate_over_books
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.main", line 22, in _import_to_calibre
File "calibre_plugins.EmbedComicMetadata.comicmetadata" , line 86, in import_comic_metadata_to_calibre
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1371, in set_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1314, in protected_set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1294, in set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 1115, in set_field
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 540, in set_books
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 540, in <dictcomp>
File "site-packages/calibre/db/write.py", line 32, in single_text
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'decode'
Peter Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #96
Peter Montague
Peter Montague began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I got it, the comicvine url custom column wasn't set to XML format. Thanks so much for this amazing plugin! I have a lot of work ahead of me now (:
Peter Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:13 AM   #97
kjdavies
Zealot
kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.kjdavies is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I'm assigning custom columns to the fields, and I can get almost all of them (though I would have used a 'tags, contains names' column for characters if I could; right now it's just tags).

What column type do I need for Image size? I've created columns of many types and nothing's appearing in that drop down.
kjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 02:54 PM   #98
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Dose this only work for comics or will it work for manga as well and if so how do I use it if there is incorrect information in the zipped folders can I put the correct information in there some how.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:07 PM   #99
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
Dose this only work for comics or will it work for manga as well
If your manga is stored as a CBZ file, it'll work. If you have a CBR file, it can convert it to CBZ for you.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 01:21 PM   #100
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
there CBZ files and what dose this do dose it help with adding information to the manga ebook files or what dose it help with. I'm still kind of new to calibre.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #101
Tharos
Connoisseur
Tharos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Moon+ Reader pro
When using the extension in two libraries, the table setting for the pages is not saved. If I change the library, I have to make the setting again.
Tharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 01:04 PM   #102
dickloraine
Guru
dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dickloraine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 350, Kobo Aura
I added support for the coming calibre 5. I hope nothing broke doing this. If you encounter any bugs, please report them on the github page (preferred) or here.
Have fun!
dickloraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:06 PM   #103
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I'm not sure if you noticed but there's a typo in the plugin update description

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-13 23_05_23-User plugins.png
Views:	283
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	181938
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 07:15 PM   #104
WirlyWirly
WirlyWirly began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hello,

I use the import from ComicInfo.xml functionality of this plugin and am wanting to know how I might go about including ID's to be imported.

I would like to include a goodreads id, such as goodreads:7967 somewhere in the ComicInfo.xml file, which when the plugin reads from the .cbz and imports, that id will be added to the Ids field for that book.

I've used custom columns for things like genres, however I'm not sure how I might make this work. Any ideas?

I've heard something about Calibre being able to parse info from different columns, but I'm not sure how I would go about doing that. If I could then I would simply include the id in the .xml <summary> tag and then use regex to find and copy it to the ID's field. Is something like that possible?
WirlyWirly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 07:25 AM   #105
Rock2023
Rock2023 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is it impossible for EmbedComicMetadata to embed tags into comicinfo files?

I am using EmbedComicMetadata to embed the data in calibre into the comicinfo.xml file, but the tag data is not embedded. Is there any way to embed tag?
Rock2023 is offline   Reply With Quote