Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Adobe (Digital Editions) Reader for Android

(retracted)

Last edited by borisb; 08-15-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
The current PC Adobe Digital Editions reader software has no annotation tools to speak of,
I found this the other day (at the Adobe site) when I was running all my experiments.

Quote:
What are the Digital Editions annotation capabilities?
Digital Editions supports bookmarks, highlights, and text notes via its bookmarks panel. These annotations are stored in an open XML format separately from publications to enable seamless annotation across PDF- and EPUB-based publications. They will set the stage for future social networking features (such as sharing annotations within a community of readers).
On the Mac with DE the text notes are stored on yellow stickies within ADE. What was really interesting was when I exported the book from within ADE to the EE it had an annotation file (.annot) and an xml file exported with it.

I am really hoping that Entourage will make exporting files from their notes tool (the one you type in), hopefully in a .doc or .txt format. It would be even nicer if they could manage an .fdf data file that acrobat uses for their notes/comments. That would make my year.

I was a happy girl today to find that the text wraps in the notes window now, and that typing in that interface is soooo much faster. Thank you Entourage.

Last edited by aidren; 05-24-2010 at 09:27 PM.

Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
NiaTrue
Edge User

Can't hardly wait!