Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-11-2018, 08:44 AM   #1216
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Month 2 without any cheesy snax in the house ... *sob*

Lost 2 pounds ... *yea*

Coincidence?

I think not ... *sigh*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:17 AM   #1217
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The end of week 8 of my diet, and only 1lb lost this week. So that’s a total weight loss now of 18lb. I’m still headed in the right direction at least, and last week’s loss of 3.5lb was anomalously large, so I’m not concerned.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #1218
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
23 pounds total for me and tomorrow will be four months since I was forced to make changes.

I'm currently working on adding more potassium in my diet. I slacked off and can notice a big difference in how I feel.

Just 10 more pounds and I'll be at my pre St Louis weight. I can do it! My goal is to hit that 199 range by News Year's. That will be 60 pounds lighter.

I'm adding concepts from the Keto diet without doing it because the idea of ketosis concerns me.

Sent from my XT1528
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 03:12 AM   #1219
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The end of week 9 (actually a day early, because I’m going away for the weekend) and another 2lb lost, so that’s now 20lb lost in total since the start of my diet. I’m now 16st 12lb, which is the first time I’ve seen a “16” on the scales for years!

I’m probably going to gain a bit of weight this next week with going away and over-eating, but at least I now know I can quickly lose it again.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #1220
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I haven't posted an update for a while. I'm now on week 30 of my diet and have lost a total of 3st 4lb (46lb, or 21kg) since I started this on 23rd Jan, which is 22% of my original body weight. My weight is down to 14st 13lb (209lb, or 95kg), and my BMI is now 29.2, meaning that I'm now merely "overweight" rather than "obese", for probably the first time in close to 30 years.

I had a couple of months of pretty static weight due to various things going on in my life, but the trend is definitely now back downwards once again. I need to lose about another 30lb to reach a healthy weight, but that should be easy enough.
Advert
Old 08-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #1221
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
New to this thread...we bought a treadmill in February, and I started using it regularly in late April. Started watching my calories in mid June, down 13-14 pounds since then.

It's slow going, I'm pushing 60, and a pound a week seems all I can manage, even at 1,400 or fewer calories per day.

30 minutes on the treadmill every day, walked 94 miles in July. (That's all walking, not just the treadmill. I do about 1.25 miles on the treadmill. My Apple Watch keeps track)

5 foot 3 inches tall, goal by 60th Birthday is 140, (5 1/2 months away) long range goal 130. About 156-157 currently.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:39 PM   #1222
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm back up to 75kg after my holiday. I'm 1.8m, so that's a BMI of just over 23. In the healthy range, but I often say that I'd rather be around 70kg with a BMI of 21 to 22.

However, as my posting history here will show, I don't seem to want it enough to do it!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 01:50 PM   #1223
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm pretty pleased that I've gone from "morbidly obese" (BMI of 37) down to "overweight" (BMI of 29) in 7 months .
Old 08-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #1224
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, many congratulations, Harry.
Old 08-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #1225
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good going Harry! The struggle is real.
Old 01-03-2019, 03:30 PM   #1226
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm back up to 75kg after my holiday. I'm 1.8m, so that's a BMI of just over 23. In the healthy range, but I often say that I'd rather be around 70kg with a BMI of 21 to 22.

However, as my posting history here will show, I don't seem to want it enough to do it!
I didn't make any headway before December, and indulged during the holidays. I'm now back to watching what I eat, so we'll see how I do over the next few months.

Weight this morning: 78.3kg (Yes, My suit was a little tight today at work!)
Old 01-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #1227
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Unfortunately the drugs I’m having to take at the moment have completely messed up my metabolism, and I’ve regained a large proportion of the weight I painstakingly lost, which is a real nuisance . I’ll be on the drug regime for another two and a half years, which isn’t great news.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:28 PM   #1228
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I've always taken the view that I am my ideal weight, I'm just not tall enough. Last time I looked at the ideal height/weight charts I worked out that I must be 6'3" so I'm not trying to lose weight but concentrating hard on growing taller
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:49 PM   #1229
Deskisamess
Wizard

Didn't get the treadmill in the whole month of December. Enjoyed having grandkids here to decorate the big tree we hadn't put up since 2010 or so. We also made cookies and got together to decorate them, something else we've never been able to do with any grands.

I had just hit the 20 pound loss in mid November, and am up about 2 pounds since then, so about 152-153 right now. Not going to hit 140 by 2-22-2019, so have reset the goal to 145-146. I know losing more than 1 pound a week just isn't going to happen without too restrictive eating, so I'm not going to do that.

But I am back on the treadmill, every day doing 2 miles in about 35-38 minutes. I know what works, just need to be consistent again.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:06 PM   #1230
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unfortunately the drugs I’m having to take at the moment have completely messed up my metabolism, and I’ve regained a large proportion of the weight I painstakingly lost, which is a real nuisance . I’ll be on the drug regime for another two and a half years, which isn’t great news.
Very sorry too hear that, your efforts helped encourage my own weight loss efforts.

I'm stuck on about 8-10kg above where I need to be. In part because the peripheral neuropathy is gradually worsening, which curtails my walking. And the gym I used 3 times a week has closed. Now the nearest branch is two bus rides away so I don't get there as often.

The building where my gym was located is going to be demolished, which means my pharmacy will also disappear, but there's another pharmacy just down the street so that's OK. But there's no gym as convenient as the one that closed, or I should say there are none that men can use, there being two women-only gyms nearby Ψ

But good news on the cardiac front. My atrial fibrillation is much improved. The cardiologists attribute that to their 'radical/aggressive' medication regime. High-dose Candesartan to open up the blood vessels, consequently the left atrium doesn't have to work so hard. It is normally prescribed for hypertension, which I don't have. I also like to think the improved fitness and diet helped a bit. Bottom line is that I don't get as breathless.

I'm eating the right things, I think. Practically no carbs, low fat dairy, fish, not much meat, fruits, vegetables, nuts and pulses. But probably too much, especially fruit, I'm going through bucketfuls of summer berries, cherries, apricots, mangoes etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote