Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 10:49 AM   #31
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I vote for Cancun. We have a timeshare there.

What? Can't I be a little selfish?
NO! Unless there's room for all of us!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 AM   #32
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
How about a cruise?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 AM   #33
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well I could fit two others in the suite, as long as they are quiet...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:15 AM   #34
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
MobileReaders quiet? HA! Next suggestion....
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:53 AM   #35
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
In the latter case, NY would be a much better choice as that would be halfway Europe and America (ok, the west coast and south coast). Those Aussies are used to having to fly a full day, so it wouldn't matter too much to them
actually with an "over the pole" flight, Seattle or Vancouver is closer to Europe than NY.

I'm not keen on Vegas, but why was it already dissmissed? it is actually quite inexpensive.

I would like to have any location be not terribly expensive, for instance, unfortunately (sorry Grace) Hawaii is fairly spendy, as is Aspen, Vail and other places.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #36
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
David and I are talking about going to England and France for our 25th wedding anniversary in November 2010. God and children willing, of course.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #37
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
That's for me, then!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:53 PM   #38
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
I vote for Cancun. We have a timeshare there.

What? Can't I be a little selfish?
You can't be a shellfish you're an otter...

And a fly hardly uses any space at all. I'll use the ceiling, no one does.

Last edited by yvanleterrible; 08-31-2009 at 05:56 PM.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #39
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
They take pets, right? (asks the small, quiet, well-behaved puppy)
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #40
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New York could be nice but do we have hosts there? Paris has the manpower, culture and room enough. London also but who would be willing to host it?

Hey, I'd be willing to go to Sydney, but we need somebody there to host it.

Cat and I would be willing to host Montreal but I want to leave the frickin country fer once. BTW we could do it in some ski region at the heart of winter for those who would be interested in tasting rrrrealll cold.

Sorry Krisk about Vegas, I was the one who apparently nixed it because I wouldn't like the place at all; I don't gamble and watch shows, I'm more of a cultural buff and prefer museums. If the vote is Vegas I'll go but not for a full week.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 PM   #41
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
If there's anyone else in or around London who would be prepared to help host it, I'm up for helping host a meet up in London.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:36 PM   #42
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
New York could be nice but do we have hosts there? Paris has the manpower, culture and room enough. London also but who would be willing to host it?

Hey, I'd be willing to go to Sydney, but we need somebody there to host it.

Cat and I would be willing to host Montreal but I want to leave the frickin country fer once. BTW we could do it in some ski region at the heart of winter for those who would be interested in tasting rrrrealll cold.

Sorry Krisk about Vegas, I was the one who apparently nixed it because I wouldn't like the place at all; I don't gamble and watch shows, I'm more of a cultural buff and prefer museums. If the vote is Vegas I'll go but not for a full week.

I don't particularly care for vegas either, it is just that it is fairly in-expensive.

as a snow creature that is misplaced in CA for now (I teach skiing part time in my normal habitat), I would LOVE to be in a snow environment. alas, probably fairly pricey though (however Sun Peaks in Kamloops is fairly reasonable, a bitch to get to though)
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #43
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ok, you want snow, and somebody else mentioned "island" .... how about Antarctica?

Or maybe Iceland is indeed the best fit for the above desires.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:26 PM   #44
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Given the not too distant past, I'm not so sure the UK contingency from MR would be welcome in Iceland...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 PM   #45
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Given the not too distant past, I'm not so sure the UK contingency from MR would be welcome in Iceland...
Must have been quite a rowdy party! Hooligans?