Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 06-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Nebucad
Nebucad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 - Gen. 5
Lightbulb Editor: improvement proposal - special character window

Hi Kovid Goyal,

You can customize the Editor to your needs, which is awesome. I would like to custumoze the special character window like the others one, just to be able to dock it at the editor. i made a screenshoot for better understanding.

What do you think about it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sonderzeichen.png
Views:	314
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	124685  
Nebucad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid not. If you find yourself using that tool a lot, I suggest using one of the faster ways to insert special characters, using only the keyboard http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/edit...ial-characters
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2014, 10:43 AM   #3
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
1. A windows shortcut is to use Alt+#### on the numeric keypad to enter characters. That works even if the Alt-X is not available in a prog. E.g. Alt+0255 will insert the ÿ for you. You do need 4 numbers

2. http://www.phraseexpress.com/ has a 'autotext inserter' free for personal use that I found about here on MR

Define the text to type and the replacement text is inserted in the document. E.g. I defined y:: as ÿ so now when ever I type y:: I automatically get the ÿ.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
editor, improvement, special characters