Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #91
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I found this video on You Tube which shows the T3 at its best

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w8napQcFp0c
It looks lovely in this video. If the screen is as white as in the video, (and on Sony's website), when viewed indoors on a cloudy day, then I would buy it instead of the Aura. However, I will be amazed, and happy, if this turns out to be the case.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #92
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for the link, Josieb1.

I really like the integrated cover. The result looks so slick
Now if Sony could offer the same dictionaries worldwide (and put a built-in light), I could buy it.

The integrated light in the cover may be a good idea, but looking at some pictures it's easy to see that said cover has a bulge in the back. So I can't imagine how to fold back that cover. And as Alvina pointed, with the integrated cover one can't add his own clip-on light. To sum up, without seeing one myself, it seems that the reader will have a lighted device with a cover that can't be folded or a device without light whose cover can be folded. I am not that kind of reader but I sincerely hope for Sony that many people are.

Edit: I gave more thoughts to the cover issue and actually it should be possible to clip a light on the front part of the cover in order to have the light on top of the screen when the cover is folded back.

Last edited by samhy; 09-05-2013 at 08:13 AM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #93
andreaaaaaa
andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: prs650, prsT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Yes you're right it is the light that's upset most people, personally it's a deal breaker for me,
there you go I guess for most people it's all about the lack of lighting, then they extend this to a more general "hate" or bad feeling about the whole device and even company.

I consider lighting more like an optional in the device, compared to more "core" fundamental characteristics, like the weight and page turn times and resolution, which improved, while screen quality and battery life remained top quality.

Of course it's personal.
andreaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #94
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaaaaaa View Post
there you go I guess for most people it's all about the lack of lighting, then they extend this to a more general "hate" or bad feeling about the whole device and even company.

I consider lighting more like an optional in the device, compared to more "core" fundamental characteristics, like the weight and page turn times and resolution, which improved, while screen quality and battery life remained top quality.

Of course it's personal.
I wasn't going to respond to this, but why do you attribute disappointment with hate? Us old Sony users are disappointed that Sony has decided to move in the direction that they are going. This does not mean that this is hatred. Since Sony is going in the direction that they are moving (non-front light) then those of us who desire that light are moving in another direction. This does not mean or imply that we have any hate toward Sony. It does mean that we are disappointed.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #95
andreaaaaaa
andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.andreaaaaaa is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: prs650, prsT2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I wasn't going to respond to this, but why do you attribute disappointment with hate? Us old Sony users are disappointed that Sony has decided to move in the direction that they are going. This does not mean that this is hatred. Since Sony is going in the direction that they are moving (non-front light) then those of us who desire that light are moving in another direction. This does not mean or imply that we have any hate toward Sony. It does mean that we are disappointed.
I oversimplified the concept, I said 'hate' meaning more of an non completely motivated, or sometimes non backed up by facts, bad opinion of the whole device, which seems to me to often start only from the lack of lighting as the only true fact.

Last edited by andreaaaaaa; 09-05-2013 at 11:42 AM.
andreaaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #96
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Absolutely.

I've been very disappointed in the specs on the new T3. There's not enough new I feel I need to spend money on when I already have the T1 and T2. The things I wanted to see improve haven't been.

For those things, I'm trying out someone else this year.

And it does bode ill when the reviews point out how they're now consistantly behind the times in development, aren't front-lit (which will turn off a lot of people right there), do practically no advertising in the US, and make it hard to even find them to get the hands-on experience that could draw in more customers. How can you sell them when regular customers never see them in the stores? Never see an advertisement for them? Have no idea they're even out there?

I'm disappointed. I think they could have ruled the roost, but somehow, years ago, they just lost interest. It's sad.

Last edited by DuskyRose; 09-05-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Can't type or spell.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #97
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Why do you threathen,Sony ? good luck to you.if you find happiness elsewhere.
I bought yesterday prs-t3 139€, i hope to have it on this monday.

I am more interested in better resolution, le easy in use of software, the weight device, lookup with wiki and google etc..

Sorry for my poor english.
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #98
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
I have to admit that the e-reader brings the "purdy" in that video. I'm still going to resist buying it (dh has put restriction on buying any more gadgets for now) but it does look nice.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #99
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
A really nice change:
You can now switch between the last book, and the four recent books. Thats really nice because i'm often reading more than one book parallel.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #100
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T2, Sony PRS T3, Sony DPT-RP1
Quote:
I think you should be careful when you generalize with the "us old Sony users" thing.

I AM a old Sony user, and i am very satisfied with the company and the products. I do like that they have an idea and stick to it despite the whiners. As said previsouly, lighting is an extra, and i value immensely more the core qualities of a reader, and i think in that field, Sony has been great, because their ereaders are the best quality products i have ever tried and used. So stop the "we" thing, ok?
Salgueiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #101
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
I think you should be careful when you generalize with the "us old Sony users" thing.

I AM a old Sony user, and i am very satisfied with the company and the products. I do like that they have an idea and stick to it despite the whiners. As said previsouly, lighting is an extra, and i value immensely more the core qualities of a reader, and i think in that field, Sony has been great, because their ereaders are the best quality products i have ever tried and used. So stop the "we" thing, ok?
Stating why we, and yes, there are enough of us, who are disappointed with Sony, to use "we," are switching away is a normal reaction. You seem to be taking this very personally for some reason.

I'm also an old Sony user. I've had the PRS 500, 505, 700, 600, 650 and T1. I've been with Sony since the start. I returned the 700 and 600 and stuck with the 505 until the 650 came out. At that point Sony listened to users, and fixed their stupid touch layer, which was glossy, and diminished text clarity.

I left them at the T2. I find a light as a necessity, and I don't see why "not having a light" is a big feature. After all, when I put my T1 next to my kobo Glo with the light off, the difference negligible. I don't think there are many people for whom a must have feature is "not having a light." You can always just keep it off and use a clip on light if needed. And because of that all that will happen is that the Sony market share will shrink. Again.

And I think Sony thinks like you do, and dismisses any such feedback as "whining" and that's why they aren't long for this market. For PS4, they listened to user feedback. Microsoft didn't and has been backpedaling since. But they're Microsoft, they can afford to do it.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #102
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia
Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Salgueiros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
Stating why we, and yes, there are enough of us, who are disappointed with Sony, to use "we," are switching away is a normal reaction. You seem to be taking this very personally for some reason.
I do take personally when i am implicitly included in a group i don't want to be.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #103
Salgueiros
Eudaimonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post

I left them at the T2.
I am so glad you did and stop whining about them in sony specific threads...
Old 09-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #104
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Hands on:

http://allesebook.de/e-book-reader/s...tworten-33971/

ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #105
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salgueiros View Post
I am so glad you did and stop whining about them in sony specific threads...
Wow you're just trolling all over the place here... Tell you what, you run a forum, you tell me where I can and cannot post, k?

And the "we" only included those Sony users who switched out, your honor is safe m'lady.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote