Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #16
pratik
pratik began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik View Post
Oh awesome. I'll have a look right away. Thanks.
Actually bro, I couldn't find any videos on Youku. I used Translate to search Boyue T62. But no luck. Can you paste a link with your search results?
pratik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #17
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik View Post
Actually bro, I couldn't find any videos on Youku. I used Translate to search Boyue T62. But no luck. Can you paste a link with your search results?
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzQxMTkzNzA0.html
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #18
tappet
tappet began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62, Rooted
OK, so I followed all the steps, but google play isn't showing up in my app drawer. Did I miss something?

Edit: Duh, I forgot to install the Google Play APK. I'm a dope.

Last edited by tappet; 09-15-2014 at 05:29 PM.
tappet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:48 AM   #19
tappet
tappet began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62, Rooted
So, new problem:
I got Google Play up and running, and I can download and install apps without any difficulty. However, whenever I try to link an app (like Claibre Cloud) to my Google Drive account, I get an error message stating that "Google Play must be updated to connect to Google drive." I installed v. 4.9.13. Is there a newer version that I'm missing, or is there something else wrong?

EDIT: I just got home from work, and checked it - and it's working now, for no apparent reason! I'm happy it's working, i just wish I knew why!

Last edited by tappet; 09-16-2014 at 03:40 PM.
tappet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 03:44 PM   #20
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle sony reader boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightboy View Post
Yes, Ivona TTS is working. (tested on Moon+ Reader & Mantano reader). you can also install other tts app.

tip: the voice app for Ivona TTS is big (~150mb). you shoud move it (app2sd,link2sd, .. etc) to sdcard to save some space for other apps.
Hi nightboy

Please help me. I have problems on which I made a report in other thread on this device.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=t61&page=5

The above message of yours shows that you installed moon+ reader. Did you have blank menu boxes of the moon reader on your T62 as I had on my T61?
If you did, how did you solve the problem.
One of the blank boxes is shown on one of the attached images.

But this is not a big issue for me, as I intend to use Alreader which is better suited to e-ink readers than the moon reader.

My serious problem is with the Goldendict which does not show the search results properly. Colordict, Bluedict, Aarddict and EBpocket work fine. The problem is that the Goldendict is my favorite as its handling of conjugation and declension of German words is far better than that of the other dictionaries available for Android devices. I tried to solve this problem but my knowlege on Android is limited or better to say none.
I would really appreciate it very much, if somebody could do the test on his T61 to see whether he/she has the same problem. I can send the instruction on how to install the Goldendict and on where to find the dictionaries.
If someone has the same problem with mine, then I believe it should be more like software problem than the hardware and can have a hope that this will be eventually solved.
I like T61 very much. This is faster and more stable than Kobo Glo Android.
I hope you can give me some suggestions on what I can try to solve this problem.

the attached images show;
Moon reader with a blank menu box
Alreader with colordict search result
Alreader with Golderndict serch result (blank screen)
Goldendict serch result when it was used on its own.

takikura
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_09_16_20.03.02.png
Views:	1163
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	128443   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_09_16_19.46.56.png
Views:	1120
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	128444   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_09_16_19.49.46.png
Views:	1064
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	128445   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_09_16_19.53.02.png
Views:	1067
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	128446  
takikura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2014, 03:58 PM   #21
pratik
pratik began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62
Quote:
v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzQxMTkzNzA0.html
Thanks a lot for the link. Placing the order asap.
pratik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:28 PM   #22
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takikura View Post
Hi nightboy

Please help me. I have problems on which I made a report in other thread on this device.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ght=t61&page=5

The above message of yours shows that you installed moon+ reader. Did you have blank menu boxes of the moon reader on your T62 as I had on my T61?
If you did, how did you solve the problem.
One of the blank boxes is shown on one of the attached images.

But this is not a big issue for me, as I intend to use Alreader which is better suited to e-ink readers than the moon reader.

My serious problem is with the Goldendict which does not show the search results properly. Colordict, Bluedict, Aarddict and EBpocket work fine. The problem is that the Goldendict is my favorite as its handling of conjugation and declension of German words is far better than that of the other dictionaries available for Android devices. I tried to solve this problem but my knowlege on Android is limited or better to say none.
I would really appreciate it very much, if somebody could do the test on his T61 to see whether he/she has the same problem. I can send the instruction on how to install the Goldendict and on where to find the dictionaries.
If someone has the same problem with mine, then I believe it should be more like software problem than the hardware and can have a hope that this will be eventually solved.
I like T61 very much. This is faster and more stable than Kobo Glo Android.
I hope you can give me some suggestions on what I can try to solve this problem.

the attached images show;
Moon reader with a blank menu box
Alreader with colordict search result
Alreader with Golderndict serch result (blank screen)
Goldendict serch result when it was used on its own.

takikura
Easy to solve .
the cause of the problem is GoldenDict not your device.
I have installed GoldenDict from Goolgle Play Store and got the same result.
Sadly, Google Play store install version 1.6.2 for android 4.1 & above since our devices are running android 4.2.2. This version has the blank screen problem. Fortunately, I found the official website's link for downloading other versions:
Quote:
goldendict.mobi/downloads/android/free/
Download and install:
GoldenDict-1.6.2-free.apk

It works on my device without any problem.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:18 AM   #23
takikura
Connoisseur
takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.takikura has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Easy to solve .
the cause of the problem is GoldenDict not your device.
I have installed GoldenDict from Goolgle Play Store and got the same result.
Sadly, Google Play store install version 1.6.2 for android 4.1 & above since our devices are running android 4.2.2. This version has the blank screen problem. Fortunately, I found the official website's link for downloading other versions:

Download and install:
GoldenDict-1.6.2-free.apk

It works on my device without any problem.
nightboy: you are great. How did you find the archive site!!!!!!! It is not on the Goldendict sites which I visited several times last few days. It is hidden. Anyway the problem is partly solved. I need the paid version of the Goldendict as I need to use more then 5 dictionaries. I will contact Goldendict on this matter.
By the way did you succeed to display the menu texts of the moon reader?

Thanks again
takikura
Old 09-19-2014, 06:36 AM   #24
unattached
unattached doesn't litterunattached doesn't litter

Device: Icarus Illumina
Hello,

Could someone, who has installed gapps, try to install google play books and see if it works? That would be great! Thanks!
unattached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #25
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
nightboy: you are great. How did you find the archive site!!!!!!! It is not on the Goldendict sites which I visited several times last few days. It is hidden. Anyway the problem is partly solved. I need the paid version of the Goldendict as I need to use more then 5 dictionaries. I will contact Goldendict on this matter.
By the way did you succeed to display the menu texts of the moon reader?

Thanks again
takikura
No, moon reader's menu text is hidden. Hopefully, its developer will fix this problem.

Last edited by nightboy; 09-19-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:03 AM   #26
takikura
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by unattached View Post
Hello,

Could someone, who has installed gapps, try to install google play books and see if it works? That would be great! Thanks!
Hi

I installed Google Play Books. It works.

takikura
Old 09-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #27
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I just got my T62 and tried to update but it says no update found. Anyone know where to get it? Is the update specifically for the T62 or is everyone just using the Icarus update?

Mine has V1.0.0-2014070714
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #28
nightboy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just got my T62 and tried to update but it says no update found. Anyone know where to get it? Is the update specifically for the T62 or is everyone just using the Icarus update?

Mine has V1.0.0-2014070714
I have added the update link in the main post of this topic.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:54 AM   #29
unattached
unattached doesn't litterunattached doesn't litter

Device: Icarus Illumina
Quote:
Hi

I installed Google Play Books. It works.

takikura
Cool, thank you, gonna by my T61/62 soon!
unattached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:36 PM   #30
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I have added the update link in the main post of this topic.
Thanks. I updated and can see the date changed to 2014072210 (don't know what the 10 is) but the update.zip is still there so I renamed it because it prompted me to update again.

I rooted and installed Google play but it's not showing up in my app drawer. I looked at settings apps and it shows that it's running. I then decided to created my Google account but then got a message that android.process.acore has stopped. It looks like the account was created successfully and it did sync. A Google play services icon was then added to the app drawer, but no Play store. I rebooted again but no Play store and it did get the message again that android.process.acore has stopped.

Any ideas besides trying to let the update run again and rerooting?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote