Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-01-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Font sizes (scaling?)

I've run into an issue that I'm sure should be easy to fix, but for some reason I can't figure it out.

When I convert a book with an embedded font, I know how to change the base size of the font to try to get it to the size I want. A little experimentation and that usually works for that ONE font size. But the jumps between smaller and larger fonts usually makes all other sizes useless (all too big or too little). This is especially noticeable on my older Sonys that only have three font sizes (small, medium and large). Is there a simple way to cause smaller jumps in font sizes? I think that's what the scaling setting is supposed to do, but for some reason I haven't been able to figure out how to use it.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 09:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html#fonts
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote