Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-13-2015, 05:59 PM   #76
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone6, iPadMiniRetina, KindlePW3, KoboGloHD
Package script failed while installing python 0.11.N

Hi, NiLuJe--

After I updated my JB to 1.14.N on my PW2 (serial 90D4, fw 5.4.5.1), I decided to update the screensaver and font packages as well so assumed it was best to update python from 0.10.N to 0.11.N. Put all three bins in mrpackages and started MRInstaller 1.5.N from KUAL 2.5. Got an initial message that python was being installed. Waited for several minutes and about the time I thought everything was hung, I got this message: "Package script failed (1), moving on . . . " No further error messages but neither the screensaver or the font packages were updated and their bins remain in mrpackages. I did notice that the version of python on my PW2 is dated today so it looks like it updated. There is also now a staging directory under mrpackages containing two files related to python: python.tar.bz2 and python.tar.bz2.sig. I'm attaching the install.sh file from the staging directory and the mrinstaller.log file from the mrinstaller directory in case they help. Let me know if you need anything else.

I'm going to delete the staging directory in mrpackages and try to install the screensaver and font packages by themselves.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt install.sh.txt (3.5 KB, 441 views)
File Type: txt mrinstaller.log.txt (173.9 KB, 453 views)
ssholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #77
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ssholloway: I don't see the actual failure in the logs, so I'm going to assume you hard-rebooted the device and what's missing from the log wasn't flushed to disk in time .

Which leads me to remind everyone to try to avoid hard-rebooting unless it's absolutely necessary, *especially* during an update/install. The Python package is known to potentially take forever to install, depending on which version you're using (by which I mean: old ones, which unfortunately the current release version qualifies as).

Regardless, it's most likely fixed in the snapshots (especially in the instance of the Python packages, whose release version is woefully outdated, doesn't really support MRPI, and whose installer takes forever and is known to sporadically fail ^^).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-13-2015 at 06:53 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2015, 10:59 PM   #78
ssholloway
Connoisseur
ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ssholloway has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ssholloway: I don't see the actual failure in the logs, so I'm going to assume you hard-rebooted the device and what's missing from the log wasn't flushed to disk in time .
The only reboot was the UI one done by MRPI after the failure. I can't even remember the last time I did a hard reboot. I'll just chalk this up to one of the sporadic python install failures you mentioned. Maybe neutrinos!

And FWIY, after I deleted the staging sub-directory but left the other bins in the mrpackages directory, MRPI installed the screensaver and fonts packages without a problem, which is what I expected would happen. Much better than having to do them one-by-one. Many thanks for your efforts in developing this.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:37 AM   #79
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ssholloway: That's... strange. If you got MRPI's UI restart with the visual feedback, there should definitely be something in the logs, and, moreover, the other .bin should definitely have been processed (it really does 'move on', on a package failure, not completely abort everything ). That, and the staging directory would also have been removed.

My best guess is either the Kernel's OOM killer and/or the watchdog took over, and somewhere along the line a hard-reboot was triggered. That you saw the "Package script failed (1), moving on . . . " doesn't really track with that though... :/

Anyway, I'd highly recommend that you reinstall Python from the snapshots, because there's a very good chance your Python install is inconsistent .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-14-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:36 AM   #80
ssholloway
Connoisseur

Thanks, NiLuJe. Good idea on reinstalling python from the snapshots. I'll do that and let you know if I have any more weirdness.
Advert
Old 07-29-2015, 07:43 PM   #81
verbatrium
verbatrium began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
NiLuJe,

i have successfully JB my New PW3 and installed KUAL and Back door lock and MRPI, but when i drop your latest snapshot python and librarian sync they are both destroyed...

i still had my serial connected so captured this....

can you help please...even a 1 off that will bypass the version checking ?

"info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered::Checking python 0.13.N I PW2
info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered::Not targeting your device, skippig
info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered:estroyin g package . . .
info mr_installer:make_rootfs_ro::trying to remount rootfs ro
warn mr_installer:make_rootfs_ro::rootfs is already ro!

info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered::Checking librariansync 1.10 kindl5
info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered::Not targeting your device, skippig
info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered:estroyin g package . . .
info mr_installer:make_rootfs_ro::trying to remount rootfs ro
warn mr_installer:make_rootfs_ro::rootfs is already ro!

info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered:one, restarting UI . . . "

Thanks
verbatrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #82
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbatrium View Post
- - - -
"info mr_installer:eips_print_bottom_centered::Checking python 0.13.N I PW2
- - - -
That is correct, it is package for a PW2, not a PW3.

Your choices are to wait until KindleTool is updated to generate packages for the PW3

OR

Use KindleTool to extract the contents of those packages, and then duplicate whatever the included install scripting does "by hand" over the serial port.

NiLuJe is in time zone +1 (I think) - so his response may be delayed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, as mentioned in the PW3 thread, not enough data to do the device identification right, so I'll go with 'mostly right' for now, I just have to update, well, everything, which I should have time to do sometime this week .
Old 07-30-2015, 03:46 AM   #84
verbatrium

Quote:
Yeah, as mentioned in the PW3 thread, not enough data to do the device identification right, so I'll go with 'mostly right' for now, I just have to update, well, everything, which I should have time to do sometime this week .
That would be brilliant...

looking forward to it.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 PM   #85
verbatrium

Quote:
Hi NiLuJe,

i have downloaded your latest snapshots (1st Aug) and applied KUAL, KUAL +, Network and Python...

all install ok on PW3.

I then used these commands to convert the latest librarian sync to pw3 using your excellent tool.

>kindletool convert Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5.bin

>kindletool create ota2 -d paperwhite3 Update_librariansync_1.10_kindle5_converted.tar.gz update_librariansync-1.10pw3.bin

Seems to have worked....created 900 books in the correct collections using my fav book manager and collections plug in...

Old 08-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #86
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@verbatrium: Great, thanks for the confirmation .
Old 08-18-2015, 06:28 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released 1.6.N, with a bunch of fixes/features.

Most notably, MRPI now properly enforces version checks, so you definitely *will* have to fix your broken legacy packages .
Old 08-19-2015, 08:15 PM   #88
cestobar
cestobar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Error 007

Hello, i´ve been trying to jailbreak my kindle paperwhite running 5.6.1os but i haven´t success, can some one help me? it could be usefull to have an step by step guide, thanks.
cestobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 08:24 PM   #89
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cestobar View Post
Hello, i´ve been trying to jailbreak my kindle paperwhite running 5.6.1os but i haven´t success, can some one help me? it could be usefull to have an step by step guide, thanks.
Please start a new thread for a new topic.
But since the answer is a quick one - -
Follow the step-by-step in this sticky thread (its prefix'd PW2 but will work on a PW1 also):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254400
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:47 PM   #90
jwilker
Connoisseur
jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jwilker once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Libra H2O
Trying to make sure i stay current on things so i don't find myself with a firmware update and a 6 version old jailbreak LOL, I downloaded kual-mrinstaller-1.6.N and then wondered (and tried and failed) can MRPI install MRPI?

I tried a few other packages and each one returns "No MR packages found" (latest SS, etc)

Guess it's a two part question, but there it is
jwilker is offline   Reply With Quote