Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-20-2018, 06:48 PM   #226
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorax View Post
BenChen

A few days ago I found your program in GitHub.
Now that I found you here, I register to tell you: your program is a life savior!!
I am very thankful for your time and effort. I seriously think your constant work in the project is admirable.
You're welcome! I made the tool for myself ages ago and open-sourced it because I thought other people would find it useful. Glad to know that has been the case!
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #227
zyppo
zyppo began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy tab S2
Hi Ben
Is it possible to get the metadata from the file title.
My file titles are in the folowing format ; Name, first name - series index - title - type.epub
In batch operations you have the inverse with file renamer, rename the file with the metadata. Any idea will be welcome.
zyppo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2018, 06:01 PM   #228
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyppo View Post
Hi Ben
Is it possible to get the metadata from the file title.
My file titles are in the folowing format ; Name, first name - series index - title - type.epub
In batch operations you have the inverse with file renamer, rename the file with the metadata. Any idea will be welcome.
Hi zyppo,

No, my program does not have the ability to go from filename to metadata. I guess I assumed that EPUB files are more likely to have correct metadata (which can be used to rename files) rather than correct filenames (which can be used to fix the metadata). At this stage, I have no plans to add that functionality, unfortunately.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 10-30-2018, 12:45 AM   #229
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.10

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.10
Recent Changes:
  • Batch replace field operation now allows the user to replace chosen fields with an empty string. A dialog will appear for the user to confirm this potentially data-destructive operation!
Old 01-24-2019, 03:43 PM   #230
iris205
Enthusiast
iris205 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hello,
Very good program but I would have if you can two suggestions:
- In the Batch operations section, include an epub verification function
- program to read files and subdirectories (ex. branch view with subdirs from TotalCommander)
I hope these suggestions are well received by you and implement them in the future release.
iris205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #231
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris205 View Post
Hello,
Very good program but I would have if you can two suggestions:
- In the Batch operations section, include an epub verification function
- program to read files and subdirectories (ex. branch view with subdirs from TotalCommander)
I hope these suggestions are well received by you and implement them in the future release.
Hi iris205,

I am unwilling to add epub verification. Currently, the program can change epub metadata irrespective of whether the epub passes or fails verification. However, my intention is that if an epub currently passes verification, my program should not result in the epub failing verification subsequent to making changes.

As for subdirectories, it was rather challenging to get the program to handle all epubs in a single folder; I think it would be beyond my programming abilities to also handle subdirectories. Sorry!

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:38 AM   #232
iris205
Enthusiast

Ok, thank you for the answer
Old 04-13-2019, 12:37 AM   #233
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.11

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.11
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for description box not being cleared when moving between items in the Batch panel file list.
  • Work-around for weird dates in the file properties causing an exception error.
Old 04-23-2019, 03:35 AM   #234
iris205
Enthusiast

Hello,
Is there a possibility that I can extract Title and author from the file name, I have not found or I do not know?
If this is not the case, could you do that, including Batch op?
My file has the form: Name First_Name - Title (v1.0).epub
Thank
Old 04-23-2019, 05:38 AM   #235
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris205 View Post
Hello,
Is there a possibility that I can extract Title and author from the file name, I have not found or I do not know?
If this is not the case, could you do that, including Batch op?
My file has the form: Name First_Name - Title (v1.0).epub
Thank
Hi there,
My program does not have the ability to go from filename to metadata. I guess I assumed that EPUB files are more likely to have correct metadata (which can be used to rename files) rather than correct filenames (which can be used to fix the metadata). At this stage, I have no plans to add that functionality, unfortunately.
Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:29 PM   #236
iris205
Enthusiast

Ok, I did not expect such a response, however it would be a useful function and I do not think it is hard to implement because there is an inverse function from the author, a title in the file name. It is often easier to organize the files and then the metadata. Maybe you think about it.

PS. Now I've seen someone else asking you for this feature, something I enjoy because it proves it's a useful function. I hope you change your mind and implement it

Last edited by iris205; 04-24-2019 at 03:12 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:22 PM   #237
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.13

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.13
Recent Changes:
  • New way of handling file datestamps in zip library.
  • Update cover handling to handle OPF 3.0.1 standard (properties="cover-image")
  • Improved the cover search function.
Old 05-25-2019, 05:55 AM   #238
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.14

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.14
Recent Changes:
  • Improved the cover search in EPUB3 files.
Old 05-26-2019, 02:56 AM   #239
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.6.15

Latest Update: The current version is 1.6.15
Recent Changes:
  • Updated EPubMetadataEditorConsole.exe to latest version.
Old 06-08-2019, 12:29 AM   #240
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.7.0

Latest Update: The current version is 1.7.0
Recent Changes:
  • New order for searching for covers
  • Console version can now extract jpeg covers
  • Console version displays version number in help information