Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-29-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
jerrywa0h
jerrywa0h began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question convert pdf to epub

it was very easy to get my (pdf) math book manuscript converted to an ebook and sold on amazon .. their tech support was great.

i use the windows operating system.

i would like to now convert that (pdf) math book manuscript to an ebook and sold on ibooks.

i tried using Calibre to convert the (pdf) to an (epub) file but when i viewed the (epub) file it was all messed up .. i tried 2 different epub readers.

i have a sample of the (pdf) file which contains only 16 pages .. i can email it to anyone who wants to look at it.

jerry gentry .. jerrywa0h@sbcglobal.net
jerrywa0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
You should probably request that a moderator move this thread to the workshop forum or the epub forum.

You will probably get best results by starting with whatever format you used to make the pdf because pdf is usually very difficult to convert to other formats.

You might also consider making pdf versions with the page size set to something small enough to look good on an ereader screen.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
You need to OCR the book and then proofread it. And you'll have a lot of fun with the mathematical formulas. Best find an online formula editor that allows you to export png images of their output. There are some threads on that in the epub or workshop sub-forums. I don't have the time to search for them right now. If you're lucky, you might be able to take images of the formulas from your pdf file.

But brace yourself for a bit of work...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Good advice from j.p.s. If you have your book in any other format than pdf, use that to make your ebook. Pdf is the worst possible source.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:29 PM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Agreed.

Since you, jerrywa0h, is the author then you presumably have the original manuscript that was used to generate the PDF.

Use that manuscript to create the epub file!

Anything to avoid having to convert from PDF.

If you had started with the epub format, then it would have been easy to covert from epub to PDF or any other format.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote