Yes, but only with a group of close friends. 0 0%
Yes, in general. 1 20.00%
Maybe. Not sure. Depends. Maybe. 2 40.00%
No, probably not. 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Indie Author Anthologies

I've been thinking a lot about indie publishing, and it hit me that while you see a lot of single-author anthologies, it's rare for me to see a multi-indie-author anthology.

A multi-author anthology seems like a great way to get a bunch of indie authors in front of an audience, and it additionally seems like a fun way to, say, get that zombie apocalypse short story out of your writing system. (Or whatever the theme is.)

On the other hand, only one person can collect the sales (I think) and you have to trust that person to distribute all proceeds fairly/correctly. So there's a logistics issue to overcome (unless the anthology is free forever, I suppose).

Would you, as an author, consider participating in an indie anthology? I think I would. POLL TO FOLLOW!
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #2
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
As a reader, I'm only interested in more multi-author anthologies. A good way to sample lots of stuff.
Frida Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 01:13 AM   #3
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
I've seen a couple of anthologies by groups of indie authors. They'll often just donate the earnings to charity so they don't have to worry about splitting things 13 ways or whatever.

As a reader, I never buy anthologies unless an author I really like has a substantial story in one of them, but I know I'm odd. Others might go for them, especially if they're on a fun theme (pirates, assassins, now we're talking .
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:56 AM   #4
Frida Fantastic
SF/F book blogger
Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frida Fantastic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
I second Lindsay on the theme thing. Having some kind of theme or concept that'll make the anthology distinctive is a plus, versus than a general "genre short stories". It doesn't even have to be a story theme, it could just be an anthology by authors from a certain community e.g. Danish Science Fiction anthology. Science fiction? I see plenty of that. But from Danish authors? Not really, so I get intrigued.
Frida Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote