Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #46
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
my earlier problem was that after purchasing and syncing iBooks to iPad, it didn't show on the iPad screen. Turned out i had a double purchase, and the one directly downloading to iPad made it "pending". Its done now. I can upload ePub via iTunes. I can resize fontsize, change fonts (albeit only 5 options). But overall, nice!
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #47
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
OK. Just got my iPad today.
and Marvel comics (reader) is also nice. With iPad form factor, reading 'enhanced' comics is nice. But I dunno if i can put other comics there, yet, at least not until the jailbreaking peeps can address it

cheers
Search for dedicated comic readers like ComicZeal4 ComicReaderMobi or cloudreaders for your own personal comic-collection
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 01:57 PM   #48
ALVINF
ALVINF began at the beginning.

Device: iPAD & SONY PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaK2 View Post
Hi Everyone
I'm new to posting but I've been following mobileread for some time and appreciate all the advice and news posted here.
My first eReader was the Sony 505 and I loved it. But it's been a hassle lately due to the Sony reader store & it's software. Everything was fine until they changed to ePub and my reader is no longer syncing with the store it just locks up. Since the reader was getting old and banged up I changed to the Kindle2 a while back due to the easy use of the Amazon store and also due to the cheaper book prices.
Since the new Sony readers don't impress me I decided to get the ipad and combine all of my books on it. Of course the Kindle books are no issue due to the app .
My issue is Sony again. I downloaded all of my Sony books as epubs onto my PC and transferred them to iTunes and then onto the iPad. They show up on the iBook shelve but they will not open. I keep getting a "format not recognized" error. Is anyone else having this problem?
I thought that my Sony ePub books are drm free and could be easily transferred.
What I did was copy the books to a USB memory stick at my PC, used the memory stick to upload the books into iTunes on the Mac. Uploaded to iTunes Books and transferred to iBooks. All looks fine until I try to open a book.
Any help on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to have to re-buy the 150 books I purchased from Sony.
The ONLY way to get DRM ePub Sony eBooks onto your iPad without going through the complications of stripping the DRM is to use the app called txtr . It is a very basic reader but I put all 82 of my Sony Reader ePud DRM'd eBooks on my iPad with no problem. It is actually an iPhone app but works fine on iPad!!
ALVINF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #49
Rogue T
Rogue T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505, PRST1, Kindle, New iPad (3rd G)
Arrow Sony Reader Books (ePub) on the iPad

Hello Everyone,

This is literally the first time I am entering a thread into mobileread. After all the help I have received in this blog I felt it an obligation to see if a small piece of knowledge would be useful to anyone.

For any ePub books you have on your Sony Reader, you can transfer them and open them in an Application called Bluefire reader (free). You can get Bluefire reader from the App Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bluef...394275498?mt=8

You do need to have your Adobe ID login and password, but after entering both you should be good to go on reading your books on the iPad.

Make it a great day!

Rogue T
Rogue T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #50
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
That adds some points to your karma.

It looks like a great reader to keep your entire collection in
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert