Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
kanti_wigmans
kanti_wigmans began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thumbs down K3 dictionary feature

Hi,

I'm not a native English speaker and I'm very happy with the built-in K3 dictionary. I was wondering if there is a way of exporting the words which I looked up in K3 dictionary to a computer, so that it can help to expand my "word bag" with some more practice later on.

Does anybody know that it could be done?
kanti_wigmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Highlight the words (start from the menu and choose Add a Note or Highlight) and they will be stored in your "My Clippings" file. This is a plain text file that can be copied via USB to your PC.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi and welcome to mobileread

If the words are all in amazon bought ebooks then highlight them and when you sync your device they should be available at http://kindle.amazon.com/

Or (I haven't tried this) highlight the words in the actual built-in dictionary because hopefully they will also be backed up at http://kindle.amazon.com/ and under the one book to make it all easier to find.

Hope that helps
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
kanti_wigmans
kanti_wigmans began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Many thanks for your replies. I will definitely try the highlighting.
kanti_wigmans is offline   Reply With Quote