Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #1
3bayjunkie
SPC
3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 (3g,black)
Free Amazon gift cards

Want to know how I got my Kindle for almost $50 off the retail price, and how I get a lot of books on amazon without having to pay the full price?

I don't know how many of you know about this, but my sister-in-law turned my wife onto it about 4 months ago and then i got hooked. It is called swagbucks.

the web URL is http://swagbucks.com/refer/3bayjunkie

Here is how it works; It is really simple, all you have to do is register. Once you do that just set it as your home page (not necessary but it helps me not to forget to use it). After that just search with it just as if you were typing in the URL on the top of your page or using a search engine like google. It will give you "swag bucks" every so often when you search. they can range from 10 SB all the way up to 1000. It takes probably two weeks for me to get about 450 SB not even going out of my way to do so.

What can you do with these SB you might ask, well funny you should ask. They have a Swag Store and in that store, you guessed it, you can buy a $5 Amazon gift card for 450 swag bucks.

Now that might not sound like much but between me and my wife we have come up with about $50 in Amazon gift cards in the past 4 months without even trying. Instead of typing the url in the top of the browser there is a SB toolbar and i just type it in that. It automatically searches throught their search engine and I get the swag bucks then just click on the link to the site.

Free Amazon gift cards never sounded so good =)

P.S. I believe you get 30 free SB just for registering. Click the link on this banner and see for yourself =)

If you would be so kind to click that banner and register using my referral name it will help me get a few extra swag bucks and i would really appreciate it =)

Last edited by 3bayjunkie; 12-29-2010 at 01:49 PM.
3bayjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I've had my referral banner in my signature since I signed up here. I get all my books, and plenty else, through free gift cards both from Swagbucks and irazoo.
http://www.irazoo.com/ReferedNewUser...y=wvcherrybomb
Irazoo is even easier and faster to build up points than SB. You get 100 points a day just for rating two sites that you search for. It literally takes just a couple of minutes a day.

Here is a sample of my recent card winnings from Swagbucks. The link to join through me is in my signature line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	63747  
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
3bayjunkie
SPC
3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.3bayjunkie knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

thanks. I will check out that other site through your referral link. I guess you still can get some things for free =)
Old 12-29-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, you can. I couldn't post a pic of my iRazoo winnings because it shows the codes for the gift cards. I have gotten plenty there though. Thank you for using my link.

Another good site is points2shop. I can no longer use it due to my satelitte internet changing IP addresses on me but I did make over $100 there in a short period. With them, you can order anything on Amazon - except ebooks - with your points rather than cashing in for gift cards.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I use swagbucks, it is pretty awesome. I provided the link a long time ago on here, got some referral bucks.

I use mine on Starbucks gift certificates though
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I use swagbucks, it is pretty awesome. I provided the link a long time ago on here, got some referral bucks.

I use mine on Starbucks gift certificates though
Have you tried iRazoo? It is even easier but not sure if they offer Starbucks cards. I doubt it ... their gift catalog is quite small. I've never looked past Amazon cards. But since it only takes me two minutes a day, it's well worth it.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
3bayjunkie
SPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
Have you tried iRazoo? It is even easier but not sure if they offer Starbucks cards. I doubt it ... their gift catalog is quite small. I've never looked past Amazon cards. But since it only takes me two minutes a day, it's well worth it.
i signed up for it but can't figure out how i rate sites
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bayjunkie View Post
i signed up for it but can't figure out how i rate sites
You just click on a site from your search results. At the top there will be a red banner. After 30 seconds, you can check the box stating if you like the site or not. Right above the yes/no boxes there is a comment box. You get 25 points for each comment and 25 points for clicking on the yes or no.

I write a comment (one word is fine) in the box while waiting for the 30 second count down. As soon as I click on the box, I quickly move the cursor to the comment box and hit enter. That way I get the full 50 points for going to just one site. You can do that twice a day for a max of 100 points.

Then I do a few searches until I get a search bonus.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma

You can also do "offers" for extra points just like swagbucks. Click on "My Account" in the upper right corner, then choose the last option on the list. I think it says "Earn Mega Points".

Sometimes you can win Amazon cards instantly for searches also.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:31 AM   #10
lenuam
lenuam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi there, I just discovered these forums and this particular thread.
I would like to ask a question about the Amazon gift cards.

I live in Germany, I ordered my Kindle 3 a few days a go in the UK. Since it should be registered to my (German) account, I'd probably have access to the "international" Kindle store, wouldn't I?

Do you think there's any chance those gift cards could actually work for me?

Also, doesn't it take ages to get 450 bucks together?

Thanks in advance.
lenuam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 AM   #11
3bayjunkie
SPC

there are amazon.co.uk gift cards. here is a link to where it is in the swagbucks store.

http://www.swagbucks.com/p/category/...t=0&src=&crp=2

it takes about a week or two to get 450 depending on how much you use the internet. if you do surveys and other things you can get even more swagbucks. i have gotten 1000 in just a couple days doing that.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:30 AM   #12
lenuam
lenuam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bayjunkie View Post
there are amazon.co.uk gift cards.
Thanks for pointing that out, but afaik my chances to use the US Kindle Store from Germany are better than using the UK store, because the US Store is meant for international customers.
Not so sure about it, though.

Guess I'll just try to get 450 bucks together and give it a try.
lenuam is offline   Reply With Quote